Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Risky thing (Oh my God! I drank coffee!)

I know, it's stupid. I haven't had coffee for 2 months. And 2 months ago, I drank coffee, but it didn't affect me much. Now I'm covered by a wave of anxiety, what should I do to stop it? It was such a calm day, there was not enough "extreme" 🥲

@[di...] This happened to me multiple times in my recovery as I am really sensitive to coffee as well. I can assure you that the reaction we give to coffee usually does not last longer than a few hours (maximum). What makes the stuation more difficult is that we worry and that makes the symptoms a lot worse than they actually are.

Please try not to add fear to fear, try to distract yourself with anything that grabs your attention (TV show, books, board games, sudoku, etc.). You will be absolutely fine :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[d...] said:

I know, it's stupid. I haven't had coffee for 2 months. And 2 months ago, I drank coffee, but it didn't affect me much. Now I'm covered by a wave of anxiety, what should I do to stop it? It was such a calm day, there was not enough "extreme" 🥲

I love my morning coffee but I haven't had it in 10 months. I have learned things the hard way all through this and I dont deviate from the everyday normal now. Keeps everything the same. We can heighten our symptoms very easily. 

• Like 1

Decaf! Use decaf I’ve used decaf for years now because I’m on levothyroxine for hashimotos and regular coffee combined with T4 in the morning made me feel like I was on coke lmao. Decaf you may have a little anxiety but it’ll scratch the itch. I use Kirkland decaf ground coffee. It’s like 99% caffeine free or something. 

• Like 1