Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Prescription refused at local doctors!

After sitting down with the psychiatrist and and being totally honest about Valium usage and my taper since January 

The psychiatrist agreed to issue me 8 week taper prescription for the 8mg I was on 3 week ago,

I said at the time that’s way to quick and I wouldn’t be able to do that but that’s what I was issued in the agreement I wouldn’t buy anymore from the street 

I left it a while to collect the prescription to get down my dose down that’s currently 6.5mg

on trying to collect the prescription my local doctor has said he wouldn’t issue them from his surgery

I’ve spent the last 2 days back and forward on the phone trying to get it sorted

to the point the psychiatrist has now said just carry on with what you were doing buying illegally/and ask the doctors what they can actually prescribe to help

i pointed out I don’t have that option anymore ,and also called the doctors and was also advised there would be no medication prescribed with this all ongoing

I’ve tried to calm myself today as the last 2 days has stirred the withdrawals up

I’m really shocked on how it feels like I’m getting passed from pillar to post

I’ve to phone the psychiatrist back on Monday,..”no rush there”

anybody having this problem with advice,.is going private in the uk an option?

I’d ask the benzo warrior Facebook group as they have a lot of UK people in the group as well as make a post in the taper section here on Bb do more people tapering see your thread.

dr Mark Horowitz has. Clinic in the UK so might be worth reaching out to him as he might be able to help you.

https://calendly.com/horowitzconsulting?fbclid=IwY2xjawEpvOBleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHRnT0hfheTHZ9_qnehLDnlXll6SQv2D6VYzqXq85VUPaqCkTtqcsp0m6Kw_aem_m3WAZgLplIKfLEaits--xg

he also developed this manual that replaces the Ashton manual as it has lots more detail and info for both patients and drs…. If you can find a Dr to prescribe you can manage your own taper with the book.

https://www.amazon.com/Maudsley-Guidelines-prescribing-Prescribing/dp/111982298X