Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

ravings

Hi guys. So I am on Xanax and Ambien- tapering both at the same time. I noticed I have cravings for Ambien during the day. Do you have any ideas how to deal with this? It's even hard for me to say if it is a craving or rather withdrawal sensation- I start feeling jittery and  I know it will go away with an Ambien dose. Xanax was supposed to help with that but it isn't and I just want to be off this drug as fast as possible.

12 minutes ago, [[a...] said:

Hi guys. So I am on Xanax and Ambien- tapering both at the same time. I noticed I have cravings for Ambien during the day. Do you have any ideas how to deal with this? It's even hard for me to say if it is a craving or rather withdrawal sensation- I start feeling jittery and  I know it will go away with an Ambien dose. Xanax was supposed to help with that but it isn't and I just want to be off this drug as fast as possible.

I went through the exact same thing. Craving for Ambien is called day dosing.  keeps the withdrawal symptoms down, right? I did that too. I only wanted to share with you that I went through it to let you know you're not alone. 

I know you want off both (I did too!). BUT, it would be much better for you to taper off of one medication than both at the same time. I did a rapid taper off both, but at two different times. My situation was a little different than yours. I wish I hadn't rapid tapered. Maybe my w/d symptoms wouldn't be as bad, so I'm hoping you might agree. I'm not sure what w/d symptoms you are already having, causing you to want to day dose. Are you open to tapering one before the other? What doses of each are you on and for how long?

2 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

I went through the exact same thing. Craving for Ambien is called day dosing.  keeps the withdrawal symptoms down, right? I did that too. I only wanted to share with you that I went through it to let you know you're not alone. 

I know you want off both (I did too!). BUT, it would be much better for you to taper off of one medication than both at the same time. I did a rapid taper off both, but at two different times. My situation was a little different than yours. I wish I hadn't rapid tapered. Maybe my w/d symptoms wouldn't be as bad, so I'm hoping you might agree. I'm not sure what w/d symptoms you are already having, causing you to want to day dose. Are you open to tapering one before the other? What doses of each are you on and for how long?

Hi voluntas. I agree with the idea to taper Xanax first (I'm on 0,375 mg three times a day and Ambien 15 mg three times a night because I wake up every three hours). And when it comes to daily dosing of Ambien how much did You take? I am not a fan of rapid tapering but my doctor is pushing me. 

• Like 1

@[al...] I wrote out a long response about this and just realized you're in the recovery section of the group. Can you copy and paste into a new topic in the Tapering Strategy section? I'll save my response until you move this thread....:balloon:

11 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

@[al...] I wrote out a long response about this and just realized you're in the recovery section of the group. Can you copy and paste into a new topic in the Tapering Strategy section? I'll save my response until you move this thread....:balloon:

I'll try ;)

2 minutes ago, [[a...] said:

I'll try ;)

I sent it to you in a message so you can read it quickly. I have to run to the grocery store before it gets crowded. Other people may weigh in and help you too!