Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Last bit of taper question

Having a difficult time breaking such a small dose in half.  I’m already at a jump dose so I’m not going to bother with getting liquid Valium at this point.  Should I just take the whole .5 dose once at night instead of trying to break it up in two?  

Hello @[On...]

Congratulations for your fast and smooth taper! You are almost there! 

Valium has a long half life (up to 48 hours), but nevertheless you can play it safe at the last stage of the taper. You can buy yourself a good tablet cutter and try to cut the half tablet in two equal pieces. I recommend this tablet cutter. 

https://www.amazon.com.be/dp/B0C5R188ZW?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title&th=1

Good luck and let us know how you are feeling in the coming weeks and months after the end of your taper! 

Edited by [Tr...]

Thanks for the reply Triny.  In less than 2 weeks I'll be off Valium completely.  I guess taking Valium once a day can be a trial run of how my body will respond to decreasing dose frequency, and since I won't be taking any doses soon at all, I guess it makes sense to try this out thanks to Valium's long half-life.  I'm terrified of jumping soon but from what everyone says it'll hopefully be uneventful.  The unknown of how my body will respond is what is so scary to me.  I also don't understand the build up of Valium in my system.  I understand simple half-life pharmacology, but I can't wrap by head around how much Valium I'd actually have in my system when jumping at .25 mg.  If anyone could help explain that I'd really appreciate it.    

• Like 1

5 hours ago, [[O...] said:

I guess taking Valium once a day can be a trial run of how my body will respond to decreasing dose frequency, and since I won't be taking any doses soon at all, I guess it makes sense to try this out thanks to Valium's long half-life.

Excellent thinking @[On...]!  

When members finally jump, most describe increased symptom severity, we call this the acute stage.  You’ll most likely experience the same symptoms, so nothing new there, but it could be a little uncomfortable until your CNS starts to settle.  I think you’re going to do great.

• Like 1