Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

3 months post Jump - Its a roller coaster

Hi everyone,

I figured I would give a quick update: I took my last dose of K mid May so today marks 3 months post taper. I took 1mg of K daily for 3 years then tapered over 12 months. 

To be honest, I thought I would feel better by now :). The first month was ok but the last two months have been characterized by pretty drastic ups and downs. I will have a few very good days and then 2 days of laying in bed and feeling extremally anxious and down. I keep reminding myself that healing takes time and that the bad days are all a part of the healing process.

Would love to hear from others that are on a similar timeline?

Thanks,

Chris

• Like 3

Hi, @[cm...]. My congratulations! And thank you for the update. To my eye, it looks pretty positive and just the way things should be going. 

I hope this mark will be your turning point to getting better steadily-+ and if not, than a bit later. Good luck:classic_smile:

20 hours ago, [[c...] said:

Hi everyone,

I figured I would give a quick update: I took my last dose of K mid May so today marks 3 months post taper. I took 1mg of K daily for 3 years then tapered over 12 months. 

To be honest, I thought I would feel better by now :). The first month was ok but the last two months have been characterized by pretty drastic ups and downs. I will have a few very good days and then 2 days of laying in bed and feeling extremally anxious and down. I keep reminding myself that healing takes time and that the bad days are all a part of the healing process.

Would love to hear from others that are on a similar timeline?

Thanks,

Chris

I was on klonopin averaged 1 mg for 4 years and tapered over 7 months.  My first few months were horrible to the point of considering hospitalization.  I'm now 6 months off (jumped in February) and while I'm better I'm still very ill.  Now I have had windows of several days where I've felt almost back to normal followed by days of severe waves where I don't sleep and things are hell again.

Sounds like you're progressing along well compared to me and others on this forum.  Hopefully over the coming months things continue to get better for you.