Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Weekly Micro taper update/Down to 6.5 mg V

Nearly 3 weeks back on the taper from 8mg down to 6.5mg

I must of hit a honey moon spot last week as withdrawals are increasing now

sleep times are getting shorter,I’ve still not woke up with that jump and Morning anxiety that you get from a bigger dose drops,that’s a bonus

The tinnitus Is bad but I had that allready from anti d withdrawals it’s just heightened 

I’ve been hit with the lows of it,.I’ve got busier with the getting through 1 day at a time attitude,distraction really does help

sitting on the thought of the withdrawal process is really bad news mentaly,that niggly ocd really does try remind you though

I’ve had the kinda heart/chest pain on drop days a few times,.like most symptoms I try look on from the outside and try not get in a worry/stress,..for me they cause the worst waves

on a good note 20mg to 6.5mg in 8 month gives me positive vibes

The slower micro taper is still a better option than a the once a week or twice a week drop,.cutting 0.3 every 3rd day,.droping half mg a week

its definitely not flawless as I’ve had some nasty waves but also good windows

I think Folk that taper without mutch withdrawals must really stretch the slow method out a lot longer

i hope everyone’s on here is kinda coping with there taper,it truly is 1 of life’s biggest pain in the arses 

What is your taper rate? I am on 12 mgs down from 40 plus over two years ago first microtaper at 1.38 mgs a month now one mg a month.

Carol Jean it workes out at 1mg over 12 days,.but I had a 2 month hold before starting the taper again

i take the lowest 0.1 of my 3 doses cutting every 3 days,works out 0.9 basically half a mg a week

3 weeks and in and the withdrawals are catching up with me now though