Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I need support!

I quit Clonazepam 68 days ago.

I'm so stressed out. 

I can't relax. My body is 100% tensed. So are my jaws. My mind keeps racing and I don't know what to do. It's the same thing day in and day out.

Can someone please tell me something that will get me back in focus? I'm losing hope here...

I do get some sleep every night even though I wake up 2-3 times every night. HELP!!

Edited by [in...]

It may be reassuring to know that you are doing well. You will fully recover. I didnt sleep besides when collapsing for 6 months and slept for an hour the first time well over a year later. I am much improved now. You will improve very soon. Try to stay healthy despite the challenges. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

It may be reassuring to know that you are doing well. You will fully recover. I didnt sleep besides when collapsing for 6 months and slept for an hour the first time well over a year later. I am much improved now. You will improve very soon. Try to stay healthy despite the challenges. 

Thank you so much! I really needed this 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

I can't seem to remember though: What doses did you take and for how long did you take them? Again: Thank you so much for taking your time! I can't explain what this means to me 💯🙏

Just now, [[i...] said:

Thank you so much! I really needed this 🙏🙏🙏

Hi ineed, I've lived and survived so far, mostly on hope I get from others that have gone before me in this battle.  I'm tapering, so I can't relate to the more severe sxs, but what I believe is, we can heal.  I heard a lot about windows and waves, and found out it's true.  Things can feel really bad, but then a window comes which encourages me so much.  Have you read this article I'll put below?  It's from a member of the forum and it's very long, a lot of info, but it's still the best thing I've ever read.  I re-read it, and can only read so much at a time ;) Hang in there, and know you are not alone, even if it feels that way.  There's always someone around, even in the wee hours, for me to talk to :hug::smitten:

What is happening in your brain

• Love 1

1 minute ago, [[o...] said:

Hi ineed, I've lived and survived so far, mostly on hope I get from others that have gone before me in this battle.  I'm tapering, so I can't relate to the more severe sxs, but what I believe is, we can heal.  I heard a lot about windows and waves, and found out it's true.  Things can feel really bad, but then a window comes which encourages me so much.  Have you read this article I'll put below?  It's from a member of the forum and it's very long, a lot of info, but it's still the best thing I've ever read.  I re-read it, and can only read so much at a time ;) Hang in there, and know you are not alone, even if it feels that way.  There's always someone around, even in the wee hours, for me to talk to :hug::smitten:

What is happening in your brain

Thank you so much for answering! It's very much appreciated 💯🙏 I'll check the article once I start feeling a little bit better!

• Like 1

My experience makes me question the windows/waves idea. I have had a steady recovery and suspect that the waves come when you lose a bit of determination and live poorly for a time. Lifestyle can really have a huge effect. Let it slip and start ruminating on what you endured and things get bad. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

I quit Clonazepam 68 days ago.

I'm so stressed out. 

I can't relax. My body is 100% tensed. So are my jaws. My mind keeps racing and I don't know what to do. It's the same thing day in and day out.

Can someone please tell me something that will get me back in focus? I'm losing hope here...

I do get some sleep every night even though I wake up 2-3 times every night. HELP!!

Firstly,

gratitude

waking 2-3 time at night but otherwise sleeping every night is not that bad

your body is getting the rest it needs to heal. That’s great! 

secondly

make a list of activities and do them whether or not your hearts in it

cleaning, bath/shower and any form of activity

Breathing exercise could help, if not

cam you go on walks? Do you have a garden? 

Good luck

• Like 1

Give yourself credit for anything and everything.  You posted something on this forum.  There was a time I couldn’t write; it scared me.  You expressing yourself is a positive.  This process will make you doubt yourself so often, you need to remind yourself of the good person I’m sure you are!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Give yourself credit for anything and everything.  You posted something on this forum.  There was a time I couldn’t write; it scared me.  You expressing yourself is a positive.  This process will make you doubt yourself so often, you need to remind yourself of the good person I’m sure you are!

That's kind of true. This process makes me remind myself that this is WD. I've been off Clonazepam for 69 days today, and back in the day I had a hard time imagining that recovery could take months and months.

• Like 1