Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

hypotonia

Hello, 

Has anyone experienced severe hypotonia? I was put on mirtazapine and valium and just realized the two cannot co exist? If anyone has experienced this, did it go away? Did you recover your muscle tone?

I'd only heard of Hypotonia in babies.  I've had my muscles weaken but it's always been because of lack of exercise.  I get most of my muscle tone from walking.  I may get lazy for a week or so, but I keep moving, and have very good muscle tone.  I also do weight-training, and only started that at age 67 or 68 years old.  The walking I've done pretty steady for a lot longer.

Nutrition, especially, has payed off for me during wd and I think neglecting to look at nutrition and exercise spells trouble for me.  We have to do our homework because most doctors have about a 15 minutes per patient and they can't possibly tell us everything, plus, some aren't even educated in the area of benzo wd and it's sxs.

If I was a doctor, big if, but the first things I'd ask is "what are you eating", and "how much exercise, and what type, are you doing"? oregonlady :hug:

My muscle has turned literally into floopy baby syndrome. Its not from lack of exercise. Even my eyelid muscles are severely affected

Ok, hadn't heard of it in an adult, so I don't know a thing about it.  Wish I could help.  If I were you I'd be asking a doctor, which type of doctor I'm not sure.  How long have you had this issue Carolina? What type of taper, or did you CT?  I'm sure someone that knows a lot more than I do will come along and know about your issue, oregonlady:hug:

I just read it's a CNS thing so that is what the benzos affect.  You probably looked that up already, but in case, I found some info on it.  I haven't found anything on adults having it, yet, I'll keep looking ;)

Edited by [or...]