Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo withdrawl

Hey everyone I’ve been off Xanax for 4 months now still very much struggling with burning skin and aka :(  I’m wondering if anyone has healed from burning skin it’s my worst symptom that will not lift… I’m scared it’s permanent. 

Hello @[Ka...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Congratulations on being benzo free, wouldn't it be nice if you were symptom free too?  Burning skin as well as akathisia are common and can last for quite awhile unfortunately but you can recover completely, I did.  

I know these symptoms feel permanent but part of the problem is the fear this process does to us.  Most of the time we can reason our way out of things, use logic to guide our thoughts and actions but this medication puts us in a constant state of fear that we can't seem to reason our way out of.  That will leave when you recover as well as the awful symptoms you're living with.

We're glad you found us, I hope we can reassure you you're going to be okay.

@[Pa...]

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Hello @[Ka...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Congratulations on being benzo free, wouldn't it be nice if you were symptom free too?  Burning skin as well as akathisia are common and can last for quite awhile unfortunately but you can recover completely, I did.  

I know these symptoms feel permanent but part of the problem is the fear this process does to us.  Most of the time we can reason our way out of things, use logic to guide our thoughts and actions but this medication puts us in a constant state of fear that we can't seem to reason our way out of.  That will leave when you recover as well as the awful symptoms you're living with.

We're glad you found us, I hope we can reassure you you're going to be okay.

@[Pa...]

Yes would be nice to be symptom free luckily didn’t have a whole lot of symptoms coming off but very much suffering with these two! 

Hello @[Ka...],

Welcome from me too, and congrats on being off Xanax!  I just wanted to say that, yes, the burning skin does get better.  Around the beginning of my 11th month off, my face very abruptly quit burning.  Up until then it burned every time I washed it, and often just randomly throughout the day.  I got up one day, washed it, and it was fine. Like it had never been an issue. 

So hang in there; it will improve.