Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Steroid injection for frozen shoulder during withdrawal?

Hello buddies - I am now 20 months off and, although I am far from well, I am feeling much better - I am now functional most days (having been mainly bedridden for over a year).    My questions is:  I have a frozen shoulder - exacerbated I am told by my long period of immobility -  and I have been offered a steroid injection.  I would like to have it as I am told it can really speed up mobility but I’m worried it could set back my healing from benzos (as antibiotics did last year).   There is apparently a saline alternative which I could look at but it is not as effective apparently.   If any buddy has any experience or advice about this  I would be truly grateful!  

52 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Hello buddies - I am now 20 months off and, although I am far from well, I am feeling much better - I am now functional most days (having been mainly bedridden for over a year).    My questions is:  I have a frozen shoulder - exacerbated I am told by my long period of immobility -  and I have been offered a steroid injection.  I would like to have it as I am told it can really speed up mobility but I’m worried it could set back my healing from benzos (as antibiotics did last year).   There is apparently a saline alternative which I could look at but it is not as effective apparently.   If any buddy has any experience or advice about this  I would be truly grateful!  

Warrior

i played hockey for a long time. I used to go out of the country for steel every two years. The injuries and the surgeries in my knees were pretty painful. I’m now 57. 8 mos ago my doctor injected my knees with 18 year olds blood. It has worked wonders. 
what they do is take a young man’s blood and put it in a centrifuge and make billions of cells. It’s then injected. It has worked wonders for me. I know that women do it as well nowadays. It is being done in shoulders as well. I’ve done alot of research on stem cell and this stuff and I couldn’t be happier. I work everyday outside and it’s great with no side effects. Maybe it’s worth looking in to for you. I paid 1k per injection. 

Ranch

Ranch how very kind of you to post this response, I will look into it.   I wish you all the very best with your healing!

6 hours ago, [[W...] said:

A single injection with steroid shouldn't be an issue.  It can help reduce the pain and help you do therapy but won't speed up the frozen shoulder process.

[83...]

Hey warrior, 

I would STRONGLY caution you to be careful with steroids. They are absolutely one of the more likely offenders for setbacks and I know several people who have been thrown back into months of acute like symptoms after steroid use (both oral and injectable). 

If there are other options I would personally try that first. 

I wish you all the best with your decision! 

The trouble is an injection is only treating the symptom not the cause.  I had one years ago for my neck and it was numbed a bit for a couple of weeks and basically did nothing.   My guess is the frozen shoulder will resolve on its own when the healing is complete. 

I fixed mine with physical therapy. I would endure the discomfort and try to loosen the tendons and muscles. 

• Like 1

I have to say I agree with @[Fr...]. I fractured my shoulder 5 years ago and I have had very limited movement with it. I started doing physical therapy for it and see improvement. I won't take a chance with any type of injections that could potentially give me increased w/d symptoms.

Ranch how very kind of you to post this response, I will look into it.   I wish you all the very best with your healing!

Thank you so very much buddies - what a terrific group of people you are.  With this sort of great support and advice regarding the myriad of issues we all face, we will all get to the other side of the miserable process of benzo withdrawal……

• Like 1

Just chiming in as I’d also strongly caution against any steroid even one dose…. That’s all it takes to cause a huge setback for years in this dang situation we are all in. I know from friends I’ve made who have been in setbacks bc of steroids.

hope you find an option to help the shoulder without the big risk steroid wise.