Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cell tower built in my street and I was already very bad and dysfunctional

Should I consider move out due to this? Can the EMF affect glutamate levels while living so close to the tower?

Reasonably speaking, no. EMFs are a part of the world in which we live. Are you still on a benzodiazepine?

3 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

Yes, 12mg of diazepam but with 100mg of Luvox this might be like 36mg.

I think the best thing for you to concentrate on would be safely tapering off the benzo. Don't worry about EMFs 8)

7 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

Yes, 12mg of diazepam but with 100mg of Luvox this might be like 36mg.

Incidentally, why are you taking Luvox with diazepam???

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Incidentally, why are you taking Luvox with diazepam???

A doctor put me on it for OCD and I was naïve thinking that increasing the half-life would make the tapering process easier. Can that be the case? Because sometimes I consider increasing Luvox due to OCD

Edited by [fu...]
Typo

14 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I think the best thing for you to concentrate on would be safely tapering off the benzo. Don't worry about EMFs 8)

I am barely living and I don't know if benzos are mimicking CFS but since after an episode of stress while on my second taper attempt, my BP and HR got low, I couldn't watch TV, read or listen to music without having a feeling of "frying brain" (I am not trying for some time), even paying attention to someone talking to me can cause discomfort. This was more or less 1 year and 4 months ago and I am still like this. I am actually very scared with the idea of CFS. I still have to taper 200mg of pregabalin too.

Turn mobile on airplane mode during the day and unplug electronics….. over time as you heal this stuff will improve.

i am a severe case and thankfully have had some improvements but throughout taper and after I had lots of neuro  symptoms and was sensitive to everything even water. Some of us get slammed on the neuro side in this and our nervous systems take a beating, some of our bodies throw tantrums at ingesting anything…. So we just do our best to limit being affected by so many external factors. Turning off phone and using no electronics in my room helped at night and I still follow this as I am tapering my last med.  

do what you can but moving at this point could be more stressful than what you gain…. Test the waters out with turning off phone and no WiFi or electronics in your bedroom. On severe days spend time in that room only, darker /low light and quiet. Our systems need any way to limit overstimulation of our senses. 

hugs 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

I am barely living and I don't know if benzos are mimicking CFS but since after an episode of stress while on my second taper attempt, my BP and HR got low, I couldn't watch TV, read or listen to music without having a feeling of "frying brain" (I am not trying for some time), even paying attention to someone talking to me can cause discomfort. This was more or less 1 year and 4 months ago and I am still like this. I am actually very scared with the idea of CFS. I still have to taper 200mg of pregabalin too.

Taper only one thing at a time.

Do you have a plan for tapering the diazepam? I used the Ashton Manual protocol with success.

9 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Taper only one thing at a time.

Do you have a plan for tapering the diazepam? I used the Ashton Manual protocol with success.

Kind of. I am removing 0.5mg when I am stable.

Do you think I developed CFS? And do you think raising Luvox could help?

1 hour ago, [[f...] said:

Kind of. I am removing 0.5mg when I am stable.

Do you think I developed CFS? And do you think raising Luvox could help?

.5mg reductions, say, every 14 days is a great plan.

Diazepam tends to be very tiring for people. The Luvox is very likely intensifying that. I highly doubt you've developed CFS. I think you'll see improvement once you're off the benzo.

After you taper off the diazepam, then you can consider tapering the other meds. I would not increase any of them.

12 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

.5mg reductions, say, every 14 days is a great plan.

Diazepam tends to be very tiring for people. The Luvox is very likely intensifying that. I highly doubt you've developed CFS. I think you'll see improvement once you're off the benzo.

After you taper off the diazepam, then you can consider tapering the other meds. I would not increase any of them.

But is the increases of half-life a plus? I deal with pre existing OCD, that's why I consider increasing the SSRI. I want to avoid anti-psychotics.

1 minute ago, [[f...] said:

But is the increases of half-life a plus? I deal with pre existing OCD, that's why I consider increasing the SSRI. I want to avoid anti-psychotics.

People have been using diazepam for decades to safely taper without "increasing" the half-life. That is not necessary. If anything, and if you think you need to be medicated for OCD, perhaps your doctor would consider a more effective SSRI...

If you want to taper off (and not stay on and potentiate) the diazepam, you can safely do that. Then, I would re-evaluate the OCD issue.

15 hours ago, [[C...] said:

People have been using diazepam for decades to safely taper without "increasing" the half-life. That is not necessary. If anything, and if you think you need to be medicated for OCD, perhaps your doctor would consider a more effective SSRI...

If you want to taper off (and not stay on and potentiate) the diazepam, you can safely do that. Then, I would re-evaluate the OCD issue.

The issue of switching the antidepressant is that I would probably need to increase diazepam to compensate for the Luvox interaction.

On 14/08/2024 at 08:41, [[f...] said:

The issue of switching the antidepressant is that I would probably need to increase diazepam to compensate for the Luvox interaction.

I suppose it depends on your goal...