Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Will tingling/pins and needles ever go away?

It’s been 5 months since i came off Klonopin… My biggest symptom is still some tingling, prickling and the feeling of pins and needles especially in my forehead. It drives me crazy… I try my best to move on but sometimes I loose hope that this shit will really leave. It isn’t really painful just really uncomfortable I can’t say if there is real improvement… maybe sometimes it isn’t that much recognizable if I’m distracted, but if my anxiety increases it’s unberebale… 

really need some encouragement:(

Edited by [...]

@[...] It will go away! The almost every day tingling, pins & needles anyway. For me, it went away in about my 12 or 13th month. Unfortunately, I had very heightened anxiety this past Monday and it returned with a vengeance. I was hopeful it was only temporary and it was. But it was a worse tingling, pins & needles than the daily tolerable ones!  I hope this doesn't happen for you - if we can do our best to keep anything that triggers anxiety down, it does work!

11 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Mine gets worse when sleep is poor or I am more tired, or the weather is hot

Mine comes and goes

Where do you get it?

Subject "This shit will really leave".

I had this symptom, including sensations of tingling and sharp, stinging pain like “pins and needles”. This neuralgic pain persisted for 2 years or so and like you said when I was busy/distracted it was not noticeable. Then, when I started doing more stuff, it completely went away and never returned.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, [[S...] said:

mine went away mostly this month . I am 10.5 months into withdrawal

You got it on your head also? 

15 hours ago, [[s...] said:

Subject "This shit will really leave".

I had this symptom, including sensations of tingling and sharp, stinging pain like “pins and needles”. This neuralgic pain persisted for 2 years or so and like you said when I was busy/distracted it was not noticeable. Then, when I started doing more stuff, it completely went away and never returned.

Where did you have it?

I first had it on bottom of feet, then up to shins. Then upper back of the head. Then the hands up to the forearm.