Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Emotions all over the place

I'm finding that my Emotions are going all over the place,One minute I'm fine then I could be thinking about something and I get all emotional and start crying, it doesn't last long , I Probably have alot of undealt with issues from my past that are resurfacing I have got in touch with a counsellor to talk to , But besides that my sleep was awful last night doesn't help with neighbours son shouting on his PS5 to all hrs !Idiot And what with these sweats and getting up to pee 2 a night find it hard to fall back asleep again the day doesn't start to bad I try to be as active as I can I won't go out just yet but will in my garden it is a large one but I am planning to go out some time this week for a drive, Oh don't worry I'm not driving I'm the passenger 😁

@[...], nice to be a passenger, especially now😊 And so good to have a large garden fenced from strangers. It could be twice as good were the fence soundproof...

I do understand about emotions all over the place, although i couldn't cry for a long time. But i can do it now and however bitterly at times, it feels kind of relief afterwards. Do you feel better or worse after crying? I think it's not that bad for our emotions to show up. By and by, they should level out. 

@[...]that's just it I start to welling up and begin to cry then I stop ,it's like I am overwhelmed by the feeling of being upset? 

@[...], of course, you have all the rights to be upset and feel overwhelmed by it right now. It's natural during benzo withdrawal. As far as i remember, you're rather early in wd, right? 

Do you mean you stop crying because it feels as if too hard on you and causes additional suffering? Or does it brings some relief? Sorry i'm not a native speaker:-\ I have had both. At first crying felt wrong and i kind of shut myself up because it was too painful and no good at all. Now it's a relief🥲