Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Akathisia from mirtazapine

Yeah It's crazy how different I feel since I started the AD (Not better, worse) I'm just wondering if benzo healing has taken place I guess, or has there been a setback that is waiting for me if I get through this. I've complicated things I guess. It's almost impossible to assess where I am in recovery at this point. 

Edited by [jo...]

I absolutely believe that benzo healing is taking place underneath.  Taking Mirt will not hinder your healing.

This has been a blip in your timeline...a really crappy blip...but, in the timeline of your life, it is a blip.  Yes, it created some complications, but nothing that cannot be moved through.  You will do this...it's not an 'if' you can do this.

No, you won't be able to assess where you are at in your recovery but not because of the AKA...but, because  all of our healing is non-linear and none of us know exactly where we are.  We all try to find patterns in this...our brains work overtime to put all the puzzle pieces together, and it's exhausting.  I know how exhausted you must be.  Try not to future trip.  Try to stay here now.  We only get to the other side one step at a time...there are no other options.  I don't know about you, but I can only handle right now.

I wish I could offer you more comfort.  You're going to be okay.  :hug: 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

I wish I could offer you more comfort

Thank you. You've done more than enough dont worry. I really do appreciate it you've been very kind to me. I wish I could be more use to you and others but most are further into this aka nightmare than me, so there's not much I can offer other than moral support. We'll see the other side!

• Love 1

Hi, Im about ready to make the switch to my own liquid maple syrup mix. I've got most of the things needed now and am pretty sure I know what I'm doing.

What can I expect with regards a reaction? Anyone who's made this switch, your input is welcome. I don't feel very stable but haven't during this whole process so not sure if I should mabey wait longer. What is stable anyway? How do you know your ready?

I'm actually considering maybe just doing a water titration but that would mean the medicatin not going as far so not sure.

Like I said, any input from anyone who has done either is welcome!

Most people can change over without much of a blip, some have a little rockiness and some it’s a big bump , but usually people settle out within a month or two. Don’t make a cut at the sane time, wait around a month before reducing and make sure you’re in an ok place to start reducing again. Switching liquid can feel like a cut but usually the ones who are using the sand pills they’ve been taking and just moving to a liquid suspension compound do ok. 

it’s when brands are changed at save time as moving from pill to liquid that it gets more rocky. 
you’re using the same pills so should be fine….could do it on steps , 1/4 at a time crossover or make full switch at once. Sometimes going over in one go brings an increase in symptoms but again it’s his you’re using same pills your body is used to, so likely things will be just fine.

do some good positive self talk about how this is the right method for you to achieve your goal of tapering off, this will make having easier to make small small reductions and have more control over your taper and coax your nervous system to hearing , ok this will be just fine. The fear and anticipation can make us have a direction bc our limbic system gets freaked out and sounds alarm bc we are hesitant and worried. So it might be a reaction that wouldn’t have been all bc our limbic system set off the alarms bc it’s sensed a threat given how we are feeling about the change. 

You’ll do great and this will be very beneficial and really help have control over the taper process and getting more even dosing. 
if it were me I’d do exactly the method the mirt group suggests which is the steps I sent you bc they’ve been in this over a decade and seen thousands go thru this and this works for so many. Maple syrup snd water provides a suspension so that particles are more evenly dispersed than just water that particles fall quickly to the bottom before getting the syringe set to the amount you need.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Most people can change over without much of a blip, some have a little rockiness and some it’s a big bump , but usually people settle out within a month or two. Don’t make a cut at the sane time, wait around a month before reducing and make sure you’re in an ok place to start reducing again. Switching liquid can feel like a cut but usually the ones who are using the sand pills they’ve been taking and just moving to a liquid suspension compound do ok. 

it’s when brands are changed at save time as moving from pill to liquid that it gets more rocky. 
you’re using the same pills so should be fine….could do it on steps , 1/4 at a time crossover or make full switch at once. Sometimes going over in one go brings an increase in symptoms but again it’s his you’re using same pills your body is used to, so likely things will be just fine.

do some good positive self talk about how this is the right method for you to achieve your goal of tapering off, this will make having easier to make small small reductions and have more control over your taper and coax your nervous system to hearing , ok this will be just fine. The fear and anticipation can make us have a direction bc our limbic system gets freaked out and sounds alarm bc we are hesitant and worried. So it might be a reaction that wouldn’t have been all bc our limbic system set off the alarms bc it’s sensed a threat given how we are feeling about the change. 

You’ll do great and this will be very beneficial and really help have control over the taper process and getting more even dosing. 
if it were me I’d do exactly the method the mirt group suggests which is the steps I sent you bc they’ve been in this over a decade and seen thousands go thru this and this works for so many. Maple syrup snd water provides a suspension so that particles are more evenly dispersed than just water that particles fall quickly to the bottom before getting the syringe set to the amount you need.

Thanks @[Bo...] You've been a great help as always. I think I'll go wit the syrup method.

• Like 1

On this drug I would spend days tired and in a severe depressed state.  

Although it helped me at first sleep a little more that wore off.

This drug put me in a state of mind I didn't want to be in.

I often compared my state of mind to the person in the Norwegian artist Edvard Munch painting the Scream.

• Like 1