Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I’m getting anxiety at day 14 off Valium again

Well, like clockwork- I’m getting anxiety feelings in the sternum on day 14 off Valium. Last time I caved and had a 2.5mg Valium rescue dose on day 15. I’m just wondering why the heck is my body so sensitive to such tiny amounts, what is it about day 14 and what would be a good strategy to get through this one? Thanks buddies 

I so appreciate you posting about your body clock @[Ma...], I know it doesn't help you but it helps me help others when I see the different time frames people who take Valium are subject to. 

I hope you can resist a rescue dose, but I understand how awful anxiety can be.  I've never been able to meditate, even in the good times but distraction was my friend.  What do you usually do to take your mind off of this?

2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I so appreciate you posting about your body clock @[Ma...], I know it doesn't help you but it helps me help others when I see the different time frames people who take Valium are subject to. 

I hope you can resist a rescue dose, but I understand how awful anxiety can be.  I've never been able to meditate, even in the good times but distraction was my friend.  What do you usually do to take your mind off of this?

hi Pamster, no problem - thanks for the reply. I have made the decision to destroy the box of Valium that I have at home, and my doctor won’t give me anymore. The more I rescue dose, the more that I kindle right? Re the different timeframes, am I fairly unique in mine?

Actually re distraction, I’ve been going for walks and deep breathing. What I find difficult is trying to get back to work whilst this is occurring, I wish I had more leave to only focus on recovery.

@[Ma...], your time frame with the Valium is within the limits I see here, it just amazes me that Valium takes so long, I tell members it can take up to 3 weeks for some. 

I think destroying your supply is a good idea, we have a member who was taking rescue doses who ended up in a terrible place so you're smart to take this step. 

Walking was good distraction for me, but I had to wait until it started getting dark in my neighborhood because I was so afraid of running into people, what this drug does to us is unreal.

I hope you're able to get back to work, I was able to while recovering from my cold turkey and while it was rough, it was the ultimate distraction.  I started hating weekends when I couldn't work, how sick is that? :wacko:

• Like 1

Hey Matt, I shared this on another post but I found this chart helpful when I was quitting. It looks like your feelings are super normal but I agree destroying your supply would be a good idea. You’re making such great progress. I had this printed out on my wall when I stopped.

IMG_8107_Original.jpeg

• Like 2