Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

8 weeks off benzos

Going into week 8 off Diazepam, Last week was up and down in some ways, I struggled with insomnia I found getting off to sleep harder as I would toss and turn I don't sleep during the day, so I would sleep better at night but when it comes to around bedtime I find it hard to relax, the symptoms not all tend to kick in, then I wake up a couple of times and find it hard to fall back asleep again then I am up early , so I worked it out I have about 5 hrs sleep a night, the anxiety has gone up a slight bit as I have been on my own alot more the last week the headache is almost every day and the sickness is on and off daily even at night and I noticed my blood pressure dropped where I felt really dizzy and had to regulate my sugar levels, after over doing some chores I  had one window which was yesterday the ringing isn't so bad as it was on the whole I'm staying as positive as I can but I am feeling abit frustrated, as I feel my partner is starting to get a bit fed up because I don't want to go out, and snap because I don't want to listen to music just yet as he feels I should be over it by now. 

• Like 1

"He feels like you should be over it". Tell him to study benzo WD. You need all the support you can get in these times!

I'm 65 days out myself, and I am so blessed since I had the privilege of being able to stay at my best friends house during my whole WD. I'm not afraid to admit that I need help and support, and my friend totally understands this. Enough about me.

I think you should suggest to your partner to study. That way he might understand you better and the communication will be smoother! 

I wish you the best of luck! / I

• Like 2

Hello @[...],

I'm so happy to hear you had a window.  Those times of relief are great reminders that this does improve with time.  I'm sorry for the things that you are still dealing with though, but it's great that you are still able to maintain a positive attitude (most of the time :)).  I've found that that gets me through a lot, too.

I know that this is really hard on our loved ones, but I think that @[in...] has some good advice about asking your partner to read up a bit on what you're going through, if you think he would be open to it.  

It sounds like overall, you're doing really well. And remember that we are always here for you.:balloon:

• Like 2

@[Bu...]thank you yes I read them I don't always respond but I understand what people are going through, at least here we can Express how we feel

@[in...] well that's just it I think he is going by the fact it takes 6 weeks, but as I told him it could take months even years depending on the recovery process plus other underlying health issues that I had before I told him he has to be more patient, I think it's because he Feels totally helpless to see me in this situation more than out 

• Love 1

Good to hear from you hel. I am relieved you are pushing through :) and getting some sleep.

How is your diet if I may ask? Since you are sleeping, is it a little easier to eat?  A lot of walks in the neighborhood, and a lot of cooking goes well with our recovery when we are ready. 

In terms of loved ones, I would hope they visit us here. There is a lot of information that can be useful for the many days to come. I'm really not sure where 6 weeks came from, but that's very unrealistic, and may only pertain to acute withdrawals...for maybe someone in their early 20's that took benzo's for a few months.

Sometimes when we are always home with someone, it can lead to frustration. I am sure your loved one has done their best, means well, but may not understand the full road to recovery. I agree with all of the posts above and hope he can be as patient as water.

Knowing you are having a window, be on your own, and even heightened anxiety levels or frustrations at 8 weeks tells me you are healing. Possibly healing faster than many in some aspects.

The way you type has also become more definitive and conclusive compared to some of your previous posts during withdrawals. 

I know it's still early and there are going to be symptoms, but I am smiling at your success and milestone :) 

• Like 1

@[Js...]hi! My appetite has improved in the last couple of weeks I am eating whole foods , I have been a clean eater for years now so have no problem but it doesn't help with the nausea sometimes I tend to eat, and find it settles down but can't eat alot

• Like 1