Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Having problems sleeping

I am so tired at bedtime I feel I could get a good nights sleep. But as soon as I am in bed I toss and turn and am awake for a couple hours. I fall asleep but wake up lots during the night. I dont even know if I fell asleep I dont feel it. Then i remember I had a dream so I must have. I stay in bed when I wake up I used to get up until I was sleepy again but I find I fall ba k asleep if I just stay in bed where if I got up I would be awake for hours. 

41 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I am so tired at bedtime I feel I could get a good nights sleep. But as soon as I am in bed I toss and turn and am awake for a couple hours. I fall asleep but wake up lots during the night. I dont even know if I fell asleep I dont feel it. Then i remember I had a dream so I must have. I stay in bed when I wake up I used to get up until I was sleepy again but I find I fall ba k asleep if I just stay in bed where if I got up I would be awake for hours. 

That’s similar to how I sleep. Do you find that your dreams are very vivid? Do you also wake up with anxiety in the transitions? 
I can’t exercise or have hot baths or showers but can you? I’m sure you’ve talked about using exercise to cope in the past, though you have recently also talked about fatigue. 
if you are able to, perhaps you could try this? 

2 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

That’s similar to how I sleep. Do you find that your dreams are very vivid? Do you also wake up with anxiety in the transitions? 
I can’t exercise or have hot baths or showers but can you? I’m sure you’ve talked about using exercise to cope in the past, though you have recently also talked about fatigue. 
if you are able to, perhaps you could try this? 

I have been using exercise to cope and it works great. I haven't been doing any walks lately I've been too sick but started up again slowly 2 days ago. I will start to go for daily walks again. It is theraputic. It also helps with the fatigue I find. I have been so tired the last 2 weeks it was hard to even stay awake. It is going away now. I had to be patient. 

My dreams do seem very real. Lately I have been sleeping lightly so I get mixed up with what are thoughts and what are dreams. Very strange. That's why I am not sure if i slept or not. 

How about you do you use exercise to help burn off energy? To cope? I find the exercise helps me with coping and with symptoms. 

4 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I have been using exercise to cope and it works great. I haven't been doing any walks lately I've been too sick but started up again slowly 2 days ago. I will start to go for daily walks again. It is theraputic. It also helps with the fatigue I find. I have been so tired the last 2 weeks it was hard to even stay awake. It is going away now. I had to be patient. 

My dreams do seem very real. Lately I have been sleeping lightly so I get mixed up with what are thoughts and what are dreams. Very strange. That's why I am not sure if i slept or not. 

How about you do you use exercise to help burn off energy? To cope? I find the exercise helps me with coping and with symptoms. 

I have a cruel pre-existing condition- long covid/cfs. 
this means that the more I use my muscles , the more tired and broken I get. It’s called post exertional malaise. 
It’s been like this for most of the last three years - only improving last summer. I overdid things and came crashing down to earth

im so fatigued now that even breathing exercises are too much and make it hard for me to conserve enough energy to wash and eat. walking to the garden is a big feat for me. Going for a proper walk seems like heaven- if you can do this enjoy it! 

i know what you mean about confusion between dreams and thoughts- I’m exactly the same

16 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

I have a cruel pre-existing condition- long covid/cfs. 
this means that the more I use my muscles , the more tired and broken I get. It’s called post exertional malaise. 
It’s been like this for most of the last three years - only improving last summer. I overdid things and came crashing down to earth

im so fatigued now that even breathing exercises are too much and make it hard for me to conserve enough energy to wash and eat. walking to the garden is a big feat for me. Going for a proper walk seems like heaven- if you can do this enjoy it! 

i know what you mean about confusion between dreams and thoughts- I’m exactly the same

I'm sorry you are going through long covid. Some people suffer when they get covid. I hope it resolves for you soon so you can enjoy life again. Fatigue is a very difficult symptom to deal with daily. 

I enjoy my walks and look forward to them. I find it helps me mentally.

Keep strong and move forward. You sound like you are strong and positive minded. That will help you through this. You have already been through so much. Giving out positive vibes your way. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, [[E...] said:

I'm sorry you are going through long covid. Some people suffer when they get covid. I hope it resolves for you soon so you can enjoy life again. Fatigue is a very difficult symptom to deal with daily. 

I enjoy my walks and look forward to them. I find it helps me mentally.

Keep strong and move forward. You sound like you are strong and positive minded. That will help you through this. You have already been through so much. Giving out positive vibes your way. 

Thanks for your good wishes 

Just to say I had a 6.5 hour sleep last night ! Although it didn’t feel deep and I had a transition at the beginning whereby I wasn’t sure if I had slept, I woke up feeling much less awful than usual, eyes less sore and body feeling slightly refreshed! 

hopefully this will happen again for me and start to happen for you too x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[B...] said:

Thanks for your good wishes 

Just to say I had a 6.5 hour sleep last night ! Although it didn’t feel deep and I had a transition at the beginning whereby I wasn’t sure if I had slept, I woke up feeling much less awful than usual, eyes less sore and body feeling slightly refreshed! 

hopefully this will happen again for me and start to happen for you too x

Wouldn't you know it I had a descent sleep last night first time in 3 weeks. I guess we are good luck for each other :sleepy:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Wouldn't you know it I had a descent sleep last night first time in 3 weeks. I guess we are good luck for each other :sleepy:

Haha 

let’s hope it’s two nights in a row!

my akathisia and confusion calmed down enough that I had a decent rest this afternoon and was able to sit in a local pub for ten mins with my husband- almost felt human again :-)

if nights were reliably good my entire life and dreams would be transformed. 

it could really happen….

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Haha 

let’s hope it’s two nights in a row!

my akathisia and confusion calmed down enough that I had a decent rest this afternoon and was able to sit in a local pub for ten mins with my husband- almost felt human again :-)

if nights were reliably good my entire life and dreams would be transformed. 

it could really happen….

It will happen for you again. I can feel it. 

• Love 1

@[Bu...]I haven't had a bath, or exercised since may because of WD I have just started getting up off the sofa on a daily basis and walking around the garden and doing light house work in the last week my sleeping pattern is still bad with the sweats and in and out of sleep 

6 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Sounds like you’re making progress :-) well done to you. 

I miss the ability to do light housework and walk into the garden more than I can possibly tell you. 

last three nights I’ve had at least some sleep that has been at least slightly restorative 

but

last night I had awful Akithisia, needing to constantly move my legs . Started at midnight, still going on, though it died down enough for me to sleep 1-2 hours in the middle with the help of long loving cuddles (poor husband)

other nights this week I’ve had the feeling of suffocating at the point of falling asleep, and an episode of incredibly confused inner chatter sad well as hearing a noise in my head and feeling as if someone touched me when they had not

i was scared to go to bed last night

this withdrawal is the worst

makes me feel utterly helpless

combo of akathisia plus fatigue that worsens with exertion makes me feel hopeless

take care hel

I am sorry you are going through this. Just know you will get better with time. You are lucky to have a loving husband to support you through the rough times. I'm sure that helps alot. 

• Like 1

On 13/08/2024 at 12:15, [[E...] said:

I am sorry you are going through this. Just know you will get better with time. You are lucky to have a loving husband to support you through the rough times. I'm sure that helps alot. 

Had a breakthrough today - was able to take a daytime nap! Toxic sleep but sleep nonetheless:-)

also last night woke feeling like some of it was restorative :-)

hope you’re doing ok

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Had a breakthrough today - was able to take a daytime nap! Toxic sleep but sleep nonetheless:-)

also last night woke feeling like some of it was restorative :-)

hope you’re doing ok

I am feeling a bit fatigued today but better than the last 3 weeks. I believe I am heading for a window soon. I am sleeping better other than  waking up every hour to pee lol. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I am feeling a bit fatigued today but better than the last 3 weeks. I believe I am heading for a window soon. I am sleeping better other than  waking up every hour to pee lol. 

Good to hear

you are always positive/hopeful -)

• Like 1