Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Well, I Found Out Why Diflucan Messed Me Up, But What to Do...

So, just sharing this in case anyone has any insight...  I took Diflucan to get rid of a yeast infection 2 months ago.  Immediately after, I had a slight reaction.  Then 5 days later I had a huge one that hasn't stopped since.  It's consisted of head pressure, skin crawling, tinnitus, ear fullness, burning & itching in my head, dpdr, brain fog, etc.

It has really disturbed me because it feels eerily similar to a reaction I had to a serotonergic drug when I was younger, about a decade ago.  Back then, I actually had to go to an ENT & get physical therapy for a year, & be put on beta blockers & an an antihistamine.

Well, I have been trying to figure it all out ever since.  I am still on two antidepressants, Celexa & Mirtazapine, so I was starting to maybe blame them.  Why in the world I feel this way again.. & I stumbled upon this article.  https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18585543/

Diflucan interacts with my Celexa, raising the amount of it in my body.  It all makes so much sense now.  

I suppose I am just posting this to see if anyone else has any insight.  I'm caught between getting on something like Cyproheptadine or Propanolol like I did when I was younger, or just waiting it out but I am highly uncomfortable.  Of course now, getting on other drugs is even more risky because of the benzo/antidepressant injury I have, but I really have to weigh my options.  These symptoms are almost 24/7 & they are driving me nuts, just like before.  It really never ceases to amaze me the amount of things that have went wrong on this journey 😭😭

Thank you ❤️

Oh, @[So...], I'm sorry!  This is just the crappy gift that keeps on giving. :tickedoff:  I don't have any advice on what to do, but I just wanted to give you a virtual hug. :hug:   

• Like 1

Awww thank you 😊 ❤️ @[Bu...]. It means a lot!!! 

It's probably like everything else, just time 🤣😂  at least maybe others can be aware of this & save themselves some destabilizing ❤️. It's rough but I've been thru so much I don't see how this won't also eventually get better 🤞

• Like 1

13 hours ago, [[S...] said:

It's probably like everything else, just time 🤣😂  at least maybe others can be aware of this & save themselves some destabilizing ❤️. It's rough but I've been thru so much I don't see how this won't also eventually get better 🤞

I love your positive attitude about all of this, especially when you've been through so much; it's very inspiring!  And, yeah, anytime we can help each other avoid future pitfalls, it's a good thing. :)

20 hours ago, [[S...] said:

So, just sharing this in case anyone has any insight... 

.  It's consisted of head pressure, skin crawling, tinnitus, ear fullness, burning & itching in my head, dpdr, brain fog, etc.

I suppose I am just posting this to see if anyone else has any insight.  

@[So...] If it helps ease your mind, I have had all of the symptoms you mention. Some have subsided and some still continue to bother me, although they are tolerable. I also see on BB so many others who have dealt with the same symptoms, so that helps me to know I'll be ok. I hope this helps you too!