Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Micro taper update/down to 7mg V by Sunday

[Ja...]

After a 2 month 8mg hold,.I started the taper again totally different,.no big drops,no half big drops,no every day drops

This method drops half a mg of V over 6 days so 1mg after every 12 days

Cutting 0.1 of all my 3 daily doses being 0.3 for the day

The method is,…..drop dose/hold……drop dose/hold……drop dose/hold

The difference is noticeable from a usual 0.5 or 1 mg cut when you feel withdrawals for days then start to stable 

The main positive difference is your sleep,The jumpy morning waking anxiety hasn’t happened yet and it’s more consistent sleep hours

Ive had 3 quite bad waves since starting tapering again last Monday,.every 1 in the evening 

The waves feeling very tense/edgy with top level tinnitus,and very sound sensitive,.every time I’ve went to a darkened bedroom to ride through them

I’ve also found playing a 1 of them relaxing music frequency vids on YouTube helps you in the wave,

darken the bedroom,play on a low volume,and shut your eyes,.it keeps your focus on trying to relax rather than analyse your wave

its early days I know but this slow micro method has honestly been less relenting,I’ve even managed to do more than usual after a dose drop

The last 7mg will take me 84 days to complete with this method

it feels long and takes a bit to get your head round and it’s very very tempting to go quicker 

I’ll update weekly on how it’s going

• Like 1

[En...]
5 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

After a 2 month 8mg hold,.I started the taper again totally different,.no big drops,no half big drops,no every day drops

This method drops half a mg of V over 6 days so 1mg after every 12 days

Cutting 0.1 of all my 3 daily doses being 0.3 for the day

The method is,…..drop dose/hold……drop dose/hold……drop dose/hold

The difference is noticeable from a usual 0.5 or 1 mg cut when you feel withdrawals for days then start to stable 

The main positive difference is your sleep,The jumpy morning waking anxiety hasn’t happened yet and it’s more consistent sleep hours

Ive had 3 quite bad waves since starting tapering again last Monday,.every 1 in the evening 

The waves feeling very tense/edgy with top level tinnitus,and very sound sensitive,.every time I’ve went to a darkened bedroom to ride through them

I’ve also found playing a 1 of them relaxing music frequency vids on YouTube helps you in the wave,

darken the bedroom,play on a low volume,and shut your eyes,.it keeps your focus on trying to relax rather than analyse your wave

its early days I know but this slow micro method has honestly been less relenting,I’ve even managed to do more than usual after a dose drop

The last 7mg will take me 84 days to complete with this method

it feels long and takes a bit to get your head round and it’s very very tempting to go quicker 

I’ll update weekly on how it’s going

Good luck in your taper. I went faster than I planned to and have suffered but I am staying the course. Starting to feel better today. First day in 2 weeks I feel somewhat functional. 

[Ja...]

Eng 101 yea I’m tempted to try 1mg the same way,it takes 8 days

still really made up for you that you done it buddy,..I can’t wait to be in your shoes and fling these scales in the bin

what kinda dose cut time did you stick to get of if you don’t mind me asking

[En...]
16 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Eng 101 yea I’m tempted to try 1mg the same way,it takes 8 days

still really made up for you that you done it buddy,..I can’t wait to be in your shoes and fling these scales in the bin

what kinda dose cut time did you stick to get of if you don’t mind me asking

I was going to stuck to 10% cuts and be finished end of September but I took the shot and got off at the beginning of July. It has been challenging some days but I feel much better off. I get 2 week waves it seems every 2 weeks so I get 2 weeks of functioning. I just had enough of this. I also had to quit antipsychotic medication which I did 2 weeks ago which may be the cause of this wave it has been pretty intense symptoms the past 2 weeks but today it seems to be getting better. I will suffer whatever I have to suffer and make it to the other side. I am sick of being mentally sick. Plus my insurance is pushing me to go back to work. I have been staling them. No one understands this unless you do through it. It isn't fair to us having no understanding of what we are doing through. For me I hope this is almost over. I have suffered as we all have on here. It was time to take the bullet for me. Fingers crossed I will be on the other side.

• Like 1

[Ja...]

Yea stopping that psyc med most probably has its own withdrawals from what I’ve read bud,.that can be quite nasty to

i was offered 1 last week but turned it down,yea I totally get you this craps just seems ongoing and you expect a break after the taper

The windows must be a good sign though,but yea putting up with waves again must really stink man,.keep the faith your over the line at least : )

• Like 1

[En...]
7 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Yea stopping that psyc med most probably has its own withdrawals from what I’ve read bud,.that can be quite nasty to

i was offered 1 last week but turned it down,yea I totally get you this craps just seems ongoing and you expect a break after the taper

The windows must be a good sign though,but yea putting up with waves again must really stink man,.keep the faith your over the line at least : )

The antipsychotic has similar withdrawal to benzos. My Dr told me there won't be any withdrawal coming off it because it isn't addictive. I didn't believe him and was expecting withdrawal. I believe I just went through it. Same symptoms as benzo. Feeling hot and sweating and vomiting and morning anxiety and trouble sleeping and nad headaches. 2 weeks I believe acute is over. The windows are a good sign yes so it gives me hope.

[Ja...]

Yea man they stick to a lot of receptors,.it didn’t take me long to realise it would be a bad move starting 1

This withdrawal can drive you to desperate decisions though that’s for sure

• Like 1