Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What if withdrawal just makes you susceptible to previously hidden vulnerabilities?

[Sw...]

The stress from benzo withdrawal probably exacerbates any underlying condition. And probably that’s why protracted happens because it takes the body a long time to fight not just benzo withdrawal but any unsuspected illness, inflammation, disease, whatever that was just waiting for an opportunity to run rampant. The body probably takes care of things in a manageable order. Who knows which healing comes first, whether its remission of illness or wd. 

[Ca...]

Could be true! I also think withdrawal hits you where you are vulnerable the most! In me it's bad sleep. It wasn't even Klonopin but methylphenidate that causes a lot of Rebound symptoms of underlying conditions in me since got off of it this April.... I am trapped in a severe setback eversince I got off methylphenidate! I wonder when this will finally end (the setback)!?! I have been in this setback for 4 months now ...off of Klonopin for 16 months now

Edited by [Ca...]

[Ja...]

Exactly what I’ve been thinking and worrying about,.I self medicating for ptsd,I’ve noticed some of the symptoms showing up again

1 of my biggest concerns is my mental health condition near the end and the jump

Near the end and after jump everyone feels the worst! That is acute withdrawal! That's normal that symptoms peak and linger a bit for a while. My acute lasted about 10 weeks. Some take longer some less long.

There's only one way the way through! Don't worry too much! You will be proud to have come that far! 

Edited by [Ca...]
  • Like 1

I was saying that to myself this morning… only one way out is through. I thank God for giving me the strength and grace to keep pushing through. It’s not easy but it’s possible with my faith. 

• Like 1