Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hallucinations

[Bu...]

Hello all - last night I was feeling relieved that my tinnitus seemed to have cleared up when, in a sleepy state I heard a buzzing noise that was in my head. Is this what people mean by a brain zap? It was a brief noise - happened once but freaked me out a lot. Then I felt as if someone touched my leg and no one did. It’s been several days now since I got any deep sleep - am only getting toxic light sleep . That’s probably why this is happening. On the plus side, no akathisia since yesterday lunchtime. 

still just wanted to hear other people’s experiences 

thanks

(I’m 9 weeks CT from 3.5 weeks zopiclone use and not very functional)

[Mi...]

Hi Bunny,

although can't compare your symptoms with my wife's (she's been on benzo for years and after 4 years of not using it, after long tapering, she unfortunately took some benzo during Covid so her symptoms are rather horrible). Just wanted to ask you how was your akathisia, what it was like? If you could describe a bit how it was in your case? Do hope it's gone for good from you, do believe you will be fine soon. Wish you fast recovery.

• Like 1

Inner restlessness. 
starts with a feeling of heat (skin actually gets a bit warmer) 

then if I am not talking, typing, or moving voluntarily, I get sudden bodily jerks, usually once overt 30-60 seconds

feels like muscles constantly building a low level on tension that can only be released by movement 

haven’t had it in a couple of days

last episode lasted 20 hours

how is your wife doing?

On 09/08/2024 at 14:36, [[M...] said:

Hi Bunny,

although can't compare your symptoms with my wife's (she's been on benzo for years and after 4 years of not using it, after long tapering, she unfortunately took some benzo during Covid so her symptoms are rather horrible). Just wanted to ask you how was your akathisia, what it was like? If you could describe a bit how it was in your case? Do hope it's gone for good from you, do believe you will be fine soon. Wish you fast recovery.

She is suffering a lot, every day it starts at 6 a.m., inner trembling and pressure increases, feeling like having 100 Red bulls, then has to walk trying to release inner pressure but it is getting harder and harder, I mean, not really working like before, so has to walk more and more, being really exhausted as she has terrible insomnia since April 2023. So all is buiding up like granate going to explode inside. It lasts till afternoon, then remain inner trembling, burning skin, acid fiiling in brain and veins....it is really terrible. Nobody should go through this....the worst it is gradually gettin worse....But she had forced tapering in 6 weeks, never stabilzed....wrong from the very beginning. And it's lasts already for 16 months :((....

• Like 1