Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Chest pain/pressure

[An...]

This is a new symptom tapering diazepam chest pressure/pain anyone have this ? 

[vo...]
15 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

This is a new symptom tapering diazepam chest pressure/pain anyone have this ? 

Just a suggestion @[An...] - you may get responses quicker by asking about your symptoms, and not having to include the type of benzo you were/are on. 

It seems that almost all symptoms are common, regardless of the type of benzo we used. The difference between different benzos is that there are short-acting ones and long-acting ones. This is why the Ashton Manual is used for all benzodiazepine users. I don't believe there are any symptoms unique to each type of benzodiazepine. 

And to try to ease your mind, yes, I have had chest pressure, although no pain. I hope other members will stop by and weigh in on this for you too. It doesn't seem like too many members are online at the moment though. Maybe type "chest pressure" or "chest pain" into the search bar to see what other members have previously said about these two symptoms? If you are really concerned, don't hesitate to go to the hospital to get checked out though....I hope you feel better soon.

[TH...]

Had all this and still going through it. 

I've had ecg, blood tests etc and all came back fine. All my symptoms radiate in my chest. I've noticed my pectoral muscles are sore. I slightly pinch them and they hurt a lot more than normal. I ripped off the patches they put on there for ecgs and the pain was the exact same that comes and goes on a daily basis.

[Tr...]

I had this a lot during taper and for several months after. It scared me every time, and it went away every time. I don’t have this now at 20 months off. It used to hurt so bad (along with rib pain) that I would literally cry. Heating pads help, a natural salve for pain helps (Dr bronners peppermint + arnica), ibuprofen, warm baths, rest.  It passes, I promise. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, [[T...] said:

I had this a lot during taper and for several months after. It scared me every time, and it went away every time. I don’t have this now at 20 months off. It used to hurt so bad (along with rib pain) that I would literally cry. Heating pads help, a natural salve for pain helps (Dr bronners peppermint + arnica), ibuprofen, warm baths, rest.  It passes, I promise. 

Thank you for this. 

I will have a look at buying some bits and pieces. My pectoral muscles are sore aswell I've noticed.