Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Taking some herbal remedies

[Sc...]

I'm taking some herbal remedies and it feels good. However it contains Brahmi and Ashwagandha. Will it affect my gaba receptors? 

I just want to know yes or no. Don't say be careful etc.. 

[vo...]
15 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

I'm taking some herbal remedies and it feels good. However it contains Brahmi and Ashwagandha. Will it affect my gaba receptors? 

I just want to know yes or no. Don't say be careful etc.. 

Unfortunately, @[Sc...], there is no yes or no answer to your question. Any medication or supplement from the Ashton Manual may or may not affect any one of us. It's unique to our own GABA receptors. You mention that what you are taking feels good to you, so those two supplements may not be any problem for you, which is good because you say it is helping you. You will find BB members that do take supplements such as the ones you mentioned and others that avoid supplements. I take a form of magnesium, although some members avoid this supplement. So here is the list from the BIC website, which was derived from the Ashton Manual so that you may make your own decision on whether to continue taking them. Also, if you search for them in the search bar, it should bring up previous conversations from members on those supplements. 

https://www.benzoinfo.com/medications-and-supplements/

Edited by [vo...]

[Ma...]

Yes. Ashwaganda affects GABA and I, personally, responded terribly to it.

[En...]

I used to use ashwagandha before benzo and it made me feel calm. However when I asked the pharmacist what he thought he told me not to use it as it can cause liver damage. So I stopped it. 

[vo...]
2 hours ago, [[E...] said:

I used to use ashwagandha before benzo and it made me feel calm. However when I asked the pharmacist what he thought he told me not to use it as it can cause liver damage. So I stopped it. 

@[En...] Thanks for sharing that info - that's good to know.

[En...]
18 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

@[En...] Thanks for sharing that info - that's good to know.

It does work for me through I was disappointed. I have also tried a combination of 3 different mushroom powder that you can buy online. They come in powder form or pill form. That worked for me as well. 

[vo...]
1 hour ago, [[E...] said:

It does work for me through I was disappointed. I have also tried a combination of 3 different mushroom powder that you can buy online. They come in powder form or pill form. That worked for me as well. 

@[En...] I'm interested to know why you were disappointed? I haven't tried mushroom powder but that sounds interesting since mushrooms are so healthy for us.

[En...]
1 minute ago, [[v...] said:

@[En...] I'm interested to know why you were disappointed? I haven't tried mushroom powder but that sounds interesting since mushrooms are so healthy for us.

I was disappointed because I had finally found something I could easily buy and it was natural. It worked too. Just dangerous to my liver so the pharmacist suggested I stay away from it. 

Check out Vibe Mushrooms site it has 3 different type of product. I bought the All In One which worked nice for anxiety and was calming. 

• Like 1

[vo...]
Just now, [[E...] said:

I was disappointed because I had finally found something I could easily buy and it was natural. It worked too. Just dangerous to my liver so the pharmacist suggested I stay away from it. 

Check out Vibe Mushrooms site it has 3 different type of product. I bought the All In One which worked nice for anxiety and was calming. 

I will! Thank you so much! I'll go on Amazon now and look for it.