Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What is a long term user?

[Sw...]

How long does someone need to use benzos daily to be called a “long term user”?

I was just reading in the Ashton manual and it appears long term users are highest for worse withdrawal/ nervous system excitability that lasts. 

I was on and off for 6 years. 

[Sw...]

Aside from tinnitus, memory struggles, apathy, I feel healed. 

• Like 3

I've been thinking about it very often too. Imo, it all rather depends on a body or brain and its condition. I mean how long it can stay resistant to the drug and avoid physical changes due to benzo. For some people it's months or even years and for others it's a few weeks.

As far as i know, In general, a long term user is considered as someone taking benzo for more than a few months, daily. 

I think, @[Sw...], you, personally, are doing very well and, in fact, this is what really matters but you have no chances to do otherwise because of the little princess needing you all the time right now:classic_smile: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[Sw...]

@[...] yes she brings me so much joy where otherwise I might be staring blankly at the wall or desperately doing housework to keep myself busy. 

if I can get 50% improvement from where I am now even I could be happy with that. But what if it all stays the same? Acceptance of the current situation seems to be the paved path to peace. 

• Like 2

I think acceptance is a good position. It really helps to go through WD. I'd accepted i was going to suffer before i started tapering. I accept now that my recovery refering to some symptoms is going to take long,.

However, i truly believe we're healing, slowly and weirdly as it is for some of us. It makes sense when i read about the process and try to analyse things basing on my and others' experience. 

Soo sweet to read about your little girl:love: Good luck and health to you both!)

• Like 1
  • Love 1