Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Five months off

[Fa...]

Hi guys ! I have gone five months without taking anything after almost 4 months of xanax, I still have a lot of anxiety and obsessive thoughts, depression too, many symptoms have decreased but it is still a struggle, my emotions are altered, is that normal too? What bothers me the most is the lack of energy and motivation, I don't know if it is due to the same anxiety and depression, next month I have a very big job opportunity, and I don't know how I will be at that moment haha, I want to thank you Also to this group for giving me support when I needed it most, if it weren't for the people here I would still be taking that crap

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[En...]
17 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

Hi guys ! I have gone five months without taking anything after almost 4 months of xanax, I still have a lot of anxiety and obsessive thoughts, depression too, many symptoms have decreased but it is still a struggle, my emotions are altered, is that normal too? What bothers me the most is the lack of energy and motivation, I don't know if it is due to the same anxiety and depression, next month I have a very big job opportunity, and I don't know how I will be at that moment haha, I want to thank you Also to this group for giving me support when I needed it most, if it weren't for the people here I would still be taking that crap

I notice when I am in a wave my personality is altered as well. My anxiety also comes back in the mornings. It seems windows and waves after jumping is normal. 

I concur with your statement if it wasn't for the site I would be stuck maybe even kindled. I learned alot about what I am going through and what is normal. Helps me immensely. Thank you to all.

• Love 1

@[Fa...], my congratulations! The 5 months mark is definitely a something. You're doing really well. At this time point, you still have all the rights to feel the issues you've described. It's still too early for true recovery to come. I think it's most probable you'll see much more improvements next month and take all the job opportunity you'll be given! Good luck to you:classic_smile:

• Like 1

@[Fa...], it's absolutely normal:classic_blink:) I had it too, like lots of other ppl. I sometimes still have this mood swinging but can control it better now. At your wd time, improvements usually can be expected quicker. At least, it was this way for me. Hope you'll have it the same way!)

• Like 1