Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I need help but not sure how

[da...]

I started my tapering exactly 1 year ago from 35mg Valium eqv. I jumped the tapering from 1mg Valium 4 week ago. It went ok, at least I am functional and can sleep 6,7 hours a day.

I had some dental problems so I have to take antibiotic 5 days ago. It is really devastating. I haven't faced such acute wave in the entire tapering. My sleep is terrible and frustrating. I can't sleep even if I am very tired. My body shut down automatically for 3,4 hours sleep, just enough for me to stay alive. I am very tired every morning as if I stayed up the whole night. I can't get rest.

Other WDs went up because of the lack of quality sleep. Muscle Pain/Sore, headache, DPDR all sorts of WDs.

I am frustrated, but I still don't want to give up. I know I need some help to get out of this. But I don't know what exactly I should look for (or what should I do). Any advice?

[kn...]

I’ve been at it for nearly three years now, tapering the Diazepam (Valium) that is.  Started at 60mgs and after a tumultuous WD, too much,  to quick , I landed at two in August of 23 and laid in bed trying to stabilize for five months. It never happened and at the end of 2/24 I had to up dose to four in order to stabilize and regain functionality.  I’m only going to relate my own experience and let you pick it up from there. I’m currently at 2.146 and reducing only 5% every four weeks.  I’d been told numerous times on site that if I came down too fast that I’d likely suffer the consequences later.  They were right and I did.