Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Am I damaged for ever?

[An...]

Full internal and external tremors, anxiety, ocd. I have not cut in 8 weeks I have come off 250mgs of diazepam currently on 10mgs in 1 year annd 7 months and holding here. I’m wondering if I’m going to be like this forever ? Does this stop 

Edited by [An...]

[vo...]
2 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Full internal and external tremors, anxiety, ocd. I have not cut in 8 weeks I have come off 250mgs of diazepam currently on 10mgs in 1 year annd 7 months and holding here. I’m wondering if I’m going to be like this forever ? Does this stop 

Yes, you're going to be okay. You've done an incredible job reducing your dose from 250mg to 10mg! I hope you're really proud of that achievement. By now, you probably know that withdrawal symptoms are part of the process, even though it feels like it’s taking forever. I felt just like you do now. Keep doing what you're doing—stay strong and persevere. It won't last forever, though the journey may be long. Focus on taking it one day at a time, rather than thinking about how long the whole process will take. It took me 14 mos. to finally take a turn for the better with the withdrawal symptoms, but I still have a long way to go too. We're all in this together, but our recovery will be on an individual basis. Always keep that in your mind. Remember, you're not alone in this—we’re all in the same boat. Keep sharing your feelings so you can get the support you need here. Stay strong - it won't last forever!

• Like 3

[PE...]

Many gets better once taper is over. Seems like when doses isn't at therapeutic levels it's only triggering wd symptoms..

• Like 1

[PE...]

And congratulations on the huge drop in dose! 10mg is not a big deal when coming down from 250!!

You have this in your pocket 😊😁😁

• Like 1

[An...]
2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Many gets better once taper is over. Seems like when doses isn't at therapeutic levels it's only triggering wd symptoms..

This is my fear that I will not get better till the taper is finished I’m planing to do a long hold, my next cut is scheduled for January 2025 as I have a lot of commitments coming up and really can not cut, I’m already pretty much house bound and force myself to do important tasks. Hoping I can settle or experience more windows than waves thank you for your encouragement 

[PE...]
1 minute ago, [[A...] said:

This is my fear that I will not get better till the taper is finished I’m planing to do a long hold, my next cut is scheduled for January 2025 as I have a lot of commitments coming up and really can not cut, I’m already pretty much house bound and force myself to do important tasks. Hoping I can settle or experience more windows than waves thank you for your encouragement 

I get it.. I had nothing besides the wd at the time i was doing it.

[Pa...]

@[An...], I'm not sure holding at 10 mgs is going to do you any good, it seems like that amount is just keeping you sick.  

• Like 1

[PE...]
1 minute ago, [[P...] said:

@[An...], I'm not sure holding at 10 mgs is going to do you any good, it seems like that amount is just keeping you sick.  

Yes!!!

[vo...]

@[An...] I completely agree with @[Pa...] and @[PE...]. Holding off isn't going to help you; it will only extend this process. You need to continue tapering. Is someone assisting you with the tapering process? I hope so, using the Ashton Manual or a similar approach. I can only share my own experience—yours may be different. Regardless, it's important for you to keep tapering. I continued to experience numerous symptoms up until the 14th month after I stopped benzos, but that’s when things started to improve. Although I still have symptoms and they’re becoming much more manageable. The only way to get through this is to keep tapering and eventually get off these drugs. You'll find the support you need here. Be kind to yourself, but also stay as strong as you can. One most important thing for you to keep in mind, is to accept what is happening to you, don't fight it (meaning the symptoms) - it will not help to fight them or dwell on them - that may very well exacerbate the symptoms - instead, find a distraction. You can do this!

@[An...] I just read this success letter that was just posted. Actually, they posted two letters, so if you can, please read both of them - I really think it would help you tremendously to see how wonderful your outcome will be

Edited by [vo...]

[An...]
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, [[v...] said:

@[An...] I completely agree with @[Pa...] and @[PE...]. Holding off isn't going to help you; it will only extend this process. You need to continue tapering. Is someone assisting you with the tapering process? I hope so, using the Ashton Manual or a similar approach. I can only share my own experience—yours may be different. Regardless, it's important for you to keep tapering. I continued to experience numerous symptoms up until the 14th month after I stopped benzos, but that’s when things started to improve. Although I still have symptoms and they’re becoming much more manageable. The only way to get through this is to keep tapering and eventually get off these drugs. You'll find the support you need here. Be kind to yourself, but also stay as strong as you can. One most important thing for you to keep in mind, is to accept what is happening to you, don't fight it (meaning the symptoms) - it will not help to fight them or dwell on them - that may very well exacerbate the symptoms - instead, find a distraction. You can do this!

@[An...] I just read this success letter that was just posted. Actually, they posted two letters, so if you can, please read both of them - I really think it would help you tremendously to see how wonderful your outcome will be

I understand this point of view but I physically can’t cut the withdrawal sx is sooo intense whilst holding I can’t imagine cutting I have gone into psychosis a couple of times and know if I cut with my symptoms this bad I will definitely start tripping out with all my electronics and anxiety 

Edited by [An...]

@[An...]  Perhaps rather than setting a date for your next cut, keep an open mind.  I totally understand that you feel you cannot cut right now.  I have had my first set-back, and I have not felt this unable to cut for a quite a while.  But, I know I can't at this time.  I do know that I can make a plan if I want to...a date for my next cut...but, that never works for me.  So, while you have commitments coming up, just take it day-by-day...week-by-week.  This process is SO unpredictable...as unpredictable as a crappy spell shows up, the brain can click in place, and things can change in a positive direction on a dime.

Six months is a long time...you may be quite surprised at what can shift before then.

No, we won't be like this forever...although it can feel like it.  

Warmly,

F

• Like 2
  • Sad 1