Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anybody dealing with uncontrollable anger?

[Jo...]

I have notice that I haven’t been able to control my anger these past couple of days. I had an incident that happened two days ago because of this. It’s like I am getting worked up over nothing. Is anybody else dealing with this? If so, what are good ways to cope? 

• Like 3

[Fr...]

I think all emotions are difficult at these times. Whatever ones you are experiencing likely challenge you more and you will be easily irritated.  

[En...]
3 hours ago, [[J...] said:

I have notice that I haven’t been able to control my anger these past couple of days. I had an incident that happened two days ago because of this. It’s like I am getting worked up over nothing. Is anybody else dealing with this? If so, what are good ways to cope? 

Yes I have this as well. I get short with my wife and we end up having an argument. I explained to her I cant help it as it is part of withdrawal. I also have no tolerance for people. Get agitated easily. I dont know if there is anything you can do in that state other than maybe remember to try to control your emotions. Not easy i  that state.

[Kr...]

Lot of rage and anger that doesn’t get talked about on here. You are far from alone. ❤️

• Like 1

Yes, today I had a really horrible day after a lovely two day window and once the depression started to subside a little, I have felt so freaking agitated and angry that I am back in this mess. I do not seem to be able to calm myself down. I know benzo rage is a common problem. But it sucks. 

@[Jo...]  When we are healthy, we can release our anger and we can, hopefully, do it in a healthy way.  Suppressing anger is the worst thing we can do.

In this, I find there is no real answer for me.  If I allow myself to express my anger, my NS is set off to such a degree that it's not worth it for me because the price I pay is dear.  I've tried hitting my pillow, but the physical exertion amps up my symptoms.  Yelling amps up my symptoms.  Suppressing so as to not amp up my symptoms creates dis-ease that catches up to me as well...mentally.

They say writing it out helps, but I have such an aversion to writing during this...writing about my feelings...that I just won't do it.

I agree with @[Kr...]...lots of us don't really talk about anger so much on here.  It would all have to be censored!!  But, pretty sure we all are experiencing our fair share of it.  I had a dream the other night where I literally beat someone up because of their not understanding what going through this is like.  Clearly, I am dealing with a lot of rage and it is being moved through in my dream state.  I was shocked.  First time I've had a dream that was so clearly about my underlying anger about this.

We have a right to be angry.  It's just really trying our best to not project it onto others.  Not easy, I know.

• Like 1

I am dealing with this and came here to see if anyone else was as well! What a relief to read that others are experiencing this as well. I want to say I am experiencing a wave, but yeah I feel like I can't really feel anything but anger and no patience, I've been this way for a couple of weeks, hoping it goes away soon.

To cope with this I mostly hang out by myself and limit contact with people until the anger subsides. Hopefully we can get relief soon :(

• Like 2

Airpods Pro. The noise cancellation really helped me zoom out of the world. They can be worn in a office setting, and personal. 

Immediately turn on Lo-fi music from youtube. 

I don't really get angry, just irritated. When it happens, I try my best to tell myself that I have forgotten what it meant to feel things. Anxiety and irritability both will pass, so I use the same coping methods I do with anxiety and apply it to my feelings for anger. 

I try not to dwell on it, because anxiety and anger are feelings I did not experience much while on benzos. Hence, I am more than willing to face them both head on - with moderation of course.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, [[J...] said:

I try not to dwell on it, because anxiety and anger are feelings I did not experience much while on benzos. Hence, I am more than willing to face them both head on - with moderation of course.

I always forget this.  Thank you.  

I hate this part with being a male. If I feel like crying it turns for me and I get angry instead. I smashed my phones a few times over the years..

This and other feelings came over me a few months ago, 9 months out.

But getting ANY kind of feelings is really a good thing.

Take care.

• Like 2