Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I Went to detox without knowing better. Now what?

[Sa...]

I was on prescription benzos for over fifteen years. When I told my longtime doctor I wanted to stop taking them, he told me the only way to do it safely was to go to medical detox. That was over two months ago. Before I went in, I was on 2mg of Klonopin twice daily. I was there for five days.

Biblical hell does not come close to describing the unimaginable pain I have experienced since then. I don’t know what to do. 

Edited by [Sa...]
Grammar

Hi, @[Sa...], and welcome to BenzoBuddies! We're glad you've found us!

Soo terribly sorry for your detox experience... It must feel really horrible for you. Benzos should be parted with by reducing them gradually over some time but i do know quite a few people who went cold turkey like you and are doing well now. It's manageable, although can be unbearably hard for a while.

You're 2 months off klonopin, right? It's the acutest part of the acute phase. It definitely must get better over time but difficult to say when exactly. What most unpleasant issues do you have? Do you take any other medications to relieve them?

I sincerely hope&believe you'll find true support here among those who are going or has successfully gone through the same torture! Good luck to you! 

[Ct...]

My heart goes out to you, @[Sa...]. Possibly @[Pa...] and @[Li...] can stop by to provide you with information. They are very knowledgeable about Kolonopin.

Edited by [Ct...]

[Pa...]

Hello @[Sa...], welcome. 

Congratulations on being benzo free, I know detox is basically a cold turkey, and those who cold turkey suffer some horrific symptoms but the good news is, you're benzo free!  I quit cold turkey and recovered in about the same amount of time as those who taper, so your chances of full recovery are good.  Yes, we suffer more in the beginning but then our symptoms settle into the same misery those who are tapering feel. 

What I'm hoping is you're keeping track of your symptoms and their intensity.  I could never see or acknowledge I was improving, my brain wouldn't allow it, I wish I would have written things down so I could see in black and white, that I was. 

• Like 1

[PE...]

Hi! 2-3 months was when i started to get better.. I also stopped fast.

• Like 1

[Ra...]
On 07/08/2024 at 01:16, [[S...] said:

I was on prescription benzos for over fifteen years. When I told my longtime doctor I wanted to stop taking them, he told me the only way to do it safely was to go to medical detox. That was over two months ago. Before I went in, I was on 2mg of Klonopin twice daily. I was there for five days.

Biblical hell does not come close to describing the unimaginable pain I have experienced since then. I don’t know what to do. 

Sam

I was on benzos for 30 years.  It was like living in hell.  Keep going. Mine started to improve a lot around 16 months. There is a lot more healing, as you go forward!
 Hang in there!!!!!!

Ranch

• Like 1