Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Extreme scalp pain and irritation

[st...]

I am feeling incredibly hopeless because every hour of my day the past couple months my scalp has been hurting and itching and burning and travels into my throat into my ear canals and it all started from benzos and alcohol last year . My tongue tastes like bitter chemicals often I have 70 other symptoms . But this scalp pain is making me not want to live ! 

what else could it be ?? I’ve had so many tests and imaging done I feel so confused that I’m still in this much pain . 25 y old male been off since October 2023 . wtf ? This pain also started to develop like 3 months in… wasn’t there form the get go . Is it my nerves healing ? Please somebody I need to understand what this is doctors can’t tell me anything that makes sense I’m so fucking confused .

Edited by [st...]

[st...]

No one ? I’m about to go to the ER . Someone please help me understand what could be going on 

[vo...]
19 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

No one ? I’m about to go to the ER . Someone please help me understand what could be going on 

@[st...] Are you still on line? Wanted to send you a quick message to see if you are. Let me know and then I'll send a more detailed response.

[vo...]

@[st...] I have the symptoms (as well as others) that you are having. These are so typical of many of us and are listed on the BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) website as well as in the Ashton Manual.  If you would feel better about going to the hospital, absolutely go, but what you are having is so common among us.

Edited by [vo...]

[st...]
9 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

@[st...] My apologies. My neighbor who doesn't drive asked me to take her to the pharmacy. I just got back.

It’s no worries , I really appreciate your reply . I hope you feel better too . 

[vo...]
2 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

It’s no worries , I really appreciate your reply . I hope you feel better too . 

My withdrawal finally peaked in my 14th month. It's all going to get better from here for me. I just went back and read what you originally wrote, that you stopped using benzos in October 2023. I stopped in July 2023 but then took Ambien for the insomnia, because I didn't know it too, affected the GABA receptors. But my symptoms started after quitting xanax. I too still currently have symptoms that continue, but a number of them have subsided over the course of the last couple of months. I hope the same for you too!

Edited by [vo...]

On 06/08/2024 at 23:53, [[s...] said:

I am feeling incredibly hopeless because every hour of my day the past couple months my scalp has been hurting and itching and burning and travels into my throat into my ear canals and it all started from benzos and alcohol last year . My tongue tastes like bitter chemicals often I have 70 other symptoms . But this scalp pain is making me not want to live ! 

what else could it be ?? I’ve had so many tests and imaging done I feel so confused that I’m still in this much pain . 25 y old male been off since October 2023 . wtf ? This pain also started to develop like 3 months in… wasn’t there form the get go . Is it my nerves healing ? Please somebody I need to understand what this is doctors can’t tell me anything that makes sense I’m so fucking confused .

I had exactly this kind of head issue and not from the very beginning too. I seem to have had all sorts of painful and strange head sensations since being in benzo tolerance. For me, they're still changing, can come and go but of less intensity. I take it for a definite sign of healing. Of positive progress as it is, the process is so weird...

@[st...], since your doctors can't explain it adequately, i'd be twice as sure it's a symptom, which means recovery underway and is bound to subside over time like other wd symptoms. Good luck to you and healing!)

• Like 2

@[st...], soo terribly sorry for you. I called ambulance a couple of times at night when i was at my worst. Hope with all my heart that doctors won't find anything serious! Yes, please, let us know what they will say and how you are.

[WU...]

Sounds the same as I've been experiencing, pretty awful as it is nothing even remotely like we have ever felt before.  Feels like everything is severely contracted. Interested in what the doctors have to say to you after your visit

[Si...]

Sadly it sounds the same as I had 3-4 weeks ago. When an anti inflammatory medication seemed to stop the burning headache at the back of my head. I for sure thought this was nerve damage or like an MS flare up. But since then ive recovered and no MS lesions to be seen on the MRI. Was seen by a neurologist. Had the shooting stabbings all over my body as well with limbs going numb. Thumb moving on its own. While at rest muscle tension in certain limbs or muscle groups. Walking coordination getting worse. Muscle above the knee would randomly tens up as i walk was the new symptom.

Hej for all i know it was nerve inflammation. Not sure what would have caused it. The middle ear infection that I had? Unlikely. An benzo flare up after antibiotics ? More likely.

Its such a fucked up process.

Got a pierced eardrum too now which isnt so important in contrast to that diaphragm pressure to heart issue.

Its like a birthday cake in comparision.

I hope you do well.

Edited by [Si...]
  • Like 1

Thank you for letting us know @[st...]. What an experience... I'm glad they haven't found anything bad but it's only expectable. I had mri done with the same result. I also understand it's not too helpful for you at the moment because the pain you're living through is unbearable. I know and am still wondering how i managed. I was prescribed an antidepressant and lyrica as well to treat the pain. I tried the antidepressant and it helped a bit. Not sure it's a good choice. Just my experience. 

I truly hope your pain will soon get less intensive on its own because all the additional medications might bring with them lots of unnecessary complications. I wish i could help you better. Healing to you!

[WU...]
1 hour ago, [[s...] said:

Pain is so bad I’m actually considering taking it . Not sure what to do here . I know we can’t offer medical advice here but I’m kinda lost on if it’s a good idea or not . 

Good everything came back normal but the ordeal of the ER visit will have added more stress which means pain ramps up even more. Personally I wouldn't take Lyrica or anything really as we know what all this is about, it is the brain trying to sort itself out and find equilibrium.. and the process is painful. Pamper yourself and calm yourself as much as you can which all helps soothe the system down a bit. Wishing you well

Posted (edited)

I just want to make a follow up post and in the past 2 days it’s gotten alot better . Still challenging at times but there’s been hours that have gone by where I could think of something else for a second . I suppose it was a really bad wave . Grateful to be out of it now , but on the edge for when it might strike again .

Edited by [st...]
  • Like 1

I’ve been fasting intermittently and drinking lots of juices , like ginger and turmeric shots . Thought I’d give my two cents for what’s been helping . 

• Like 2