Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Medication recommendations?

[Mi...]

Hello - 

I have damaged my nervous system unknowingly.  I had 6 months of interdose withdrawal/breakthrough anxiety from Xanax (that I only took at night).  To fix that problem - updosed trazadone and klonopin.  Was total zombie.  Reduced my trazadone way too quickly - now am left with “physical anxiety” that pops up throughout the day.  Heart beating, leg shaking, stomach in knots, no appetite, the feeling of needing to get out and walk.  I try dividing up my klonopin dose and take it during the day but even .03 makes me so sedated yet I can’t take a nap on it.  I’ve tried many different doses of klonopin during the day.  All the same - sedating yet I can’t nap.  The klonopin does help with all of these symptoms but trying to be a mom with that much sedation is just as miserable.  I’ve tried taking my antidepressant during the day - same thing.  My dr has brought up buspirone, beta blockers.  I’ve been exercising (which does help) but hard to time it perfectly when anxiety pops up.  I now have purchased a calmi-go breathing device.   Any other advice? Anyone tried buspirone or beta blockers to get them through. I HATE medication and don’t want to be on anything else but I’m a busy mom and need to survive.  Any advice appreciated. 
CURRENT MEDS (all taken at night) 

cymbalta 70 

Klonopin 75 

trazadone 100