Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Now I am horrible!!!!!!!

[be...]

as u can read from my previous post, I now have MS too...

WD+ MS

My brain is actually damaged. My visions dances. My arm  feels like it is bending by itself even when it is straight. Everything is distorted. How can I get through this? You cant understand this. My face feels like it is swelling. Every sensation is distorted. Im the only one who has this. My brain is damaged.. im crying

[Le...]

sorry dude. may i ask if you are freaking out just like i did early on or honestly have a test conclusively saying you have MS?  I thought I had almost everything early on because benzo WD has similar symptoms with almost every serious illness and I couldnt stop googling. It really is hard to accept that what I was experiencing was all benzos especially with all the people in the trade ignoring me and yes lying to me. There are many I saw that knew what was happening and chose not to be frank with me.  Could this be happening to you?  

• Like 1

[be...]
1 hour ago, [[L...] said:

sorry dude. may i ask if you are freaking out just like i did early on or honestly have a test conclusively saying you have MS?  I thought I had almost everything early on because benzo WD has similar symptoms with almost every serious illness and I couldnt stop googling. It really is hard to accept that what I was experiencing was all benzos especially with all the people in the trade ignoring me and yes lying to me. There are many I saw that knew what was happening and chose not to be frank with me.  Could this be happening to you?

im freaking out because my brain is so damaged. Things move around in my vision. I feel like body bends and move around when they actually don't. This sensory distortion is horrible. Wouldn't u be scsred if you constantly have the sensation that feels like your teeth and body parts are swelling and moving around when they don't? This is not something emotional. This is a PHYSICAL sensory distortion from my damaged brain. And it is getting worse everryday. My life is ruined.

[be...]
2 hours ago, [[L...] said:

It could have been induced by benzo but some physical damages can be permanent. especially nervous system damages. dont trust people who say "it will be automatically fixed in time" it might work for emotional symtoms. but when u have distorted vision and nervous damages, it cant just be automatically fixed in time . it is not magic

[vo...]
2 hours ago, [[b...] said:

It could have been induced by benzo but some physical damages can be permanent. especially nervous system damages. dont trust people who say "it will be automatically fixed in time" it might work for emotional symtoms. but when u have distorted vision and nervous damages, it cant just be automatically fixed in time . it is not magic

@[be...] Benzo does NOT induce MS! You still haven't answered anyone's questioning you on whether or not a doctor has officially said you have MS. Why not? Stop telling members "not to trust others saying it will automatically be fixed in time". NO ONE need to hear this - we are all here for help, not to hear you you trying to convince members this is forever. It's not.

And you're right - about one thing only - this is not magic. We are all a work in progress, trying to survive these drugs and to become free of them and their symptoms.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

[Le...]

Bud you are ill. Nothing in your body is working properly at the moment. Nothing is working so poorly that it will kill you or be damaged so bad you wont recover but it will be a long while before things are working well enough again that you feel even moderately ok. Try to take care of yourself as well as you can. Just personal care. It wont be easy and that is an extreme understatement. There is nothing that could happen to you that could be harder or more painful. Almost noone will understand or even want to think about it too much. You will get better. 

Ignore the above comment by the other “buddy”. Some people will not understand and be nasty even here where there should be sympathy. Seeing someone react that way when all they have to do is not read the post is hard but empathy is harder for some people. Some people are works in progress. 

Edited by [Le...]
  • Like 2

[vo...]

Ignore the above comment by the other “buddy”. Some people will not understand and be nasty even here where there should be sympathy. Seeing someone react that way when all they have to do is not read the post is hard but empathy is harder for some people. Some people are works in progress. 

@[Le...] It wasn't nasty. Member should talk about their OWN experience, not advise others that they will never recover. Isn't that why were all here - for help on how to deal with all of this?

Also, I have been reading people giving advice over and over and over again to benzoisbad. They are still asking how to get through this when they have been given great advice. What I was hoping is that they would at least say "I have tried x and x and x" and "none of the advice is working, what else can I do?" but that's not what I'm reading.

Edited by [vo...]

[Le...]
8 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

@[Le...] It wasn't nasty. Member should talk about their OWN experience, not advise others that they will never recover. Isn't that why were all here - for help on how to deal with all of this - or are we here to just complain?

You cant help here. You didnt go through what he is and are a bit of a gremlin. Just dont click the posts and cause more harm. It will be months before he is able to see improvement and be able to believe recovery is possible at all and long after that before he is in any way healthy. He cant help where he is at.  He is being tortured. Just be glad you didnt suffer like him. 

• Like 2

[di...]

You are very negative. And if you have multiple sclerosis (if your doctor has OFFICIALLY diagnosed you), you should start treating it. There will be improvements, believe me. Don't tell other people they won't get well. Everyone will recover, including you, at least partially. The brain is a very plastic thing. I'm sure you'll write that you're feeling better. You have not yet tried treatment if you have a disease, and you are already writing yourself off in the doomed.

Get well.

Edited by [di...]
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

[Le...]

This is getting worse. He is in acute from a poor or no taper. Be kind. You dont understand. 

Edited by [Le...]
  • Like 3

[di...]

@[Бе...]

@[Ли...] I'm sorry, if my words seemed too harsh, the translator can distort the meaning of my words because I don't speak English well.

Start treatment if you have a disease. It's not as bad as your brain tells you.

Treatment will help, and that's for sure 👍

• Love 1

[di...]

I wanted to say, not "you're very negative," but "you think negatively."

• Like 1

I understand, getting worse everyday watching my body and brain being destroyed the more time passes, unable to do anything indoors or get out of the house, going through this is damaging more what's left, its not sensations but real seen damage, let alone the suffering. 8 months of always new destruction and counting. Even if i get better i"ll be a fearfull resentfull traumatized person full of limitations, its not an acceptable life and maybe i'll end up doing what i have to do. I was normal and healthy before, i"m a freak now and its not possible to have some kind of life. I stoped sharing my issues and have to panic alone because no one has them and just say for me to get it checked which just makes everything worse 

Edited by [...]

[Fr...]

It seems that those suffering the worst just get more harm here. This place can be ugly. 

@[be...] 

Sorry you're going through all this.  I understand the pain and suffering that you are experiencing.

Have you consider going to the hospital?  If you are in an acute MS flare that is severe it's not uncommon to get admitted to the hospital and started on steroids.  Just be sure to explain your entire situation with benzo withdrawal and ask for help.  

• Like 1

[Ar...]

Not all people with brain lesions have MS. It can mean a myriad of things.

A definite MS diagnosis is preceded by different neurological exams and various tests such as spinal tap, blood work etc.

An MRI is just one piece in the puzzle.

I am sorry for what you are going through. However unless all exams have been completed and you have received a definite diagnosis try to stay as positive as possible.

Keep in mind that Benzodiazepine withdrawal can mimic many conditions. Those symptoms as brutal as they are will fade over time.

I hope that you are in the care of a good neurologist.

• Like 1

[vo...]
9 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Just be glad you didnt suffer like him. 

Please don't assume that my symptoms aren't severe. Dwelling on them wouldn’t help, as the only way out of this ordeal is to endure the symptoms until we recover from these harmful pills. I take advice from others and find ways to push through each day.

Edited by [vo...]

[PE...]

Oh sorry to hear that!! MS is a serious trouble..what does the doctors say? It slowly breakes down muscles right?

Take care..

[ma...]

@[Ar...] many are not able to visit doctors because they are so sick .Many don't have any help either . Its so easy to say check up  . Impossible when lying in bed so ill

[Ar...]
1 hour ago, [[m...] said:

@[Ar...] many are not able to visit doctors because they are so sick .Many don't have any help either . Its so easy to say check up  . Impossible when lying in bed so ill

Sure, however Benzoisbad has had an MRI so there is a doctor involved who apparently gave a MS diagnosis.

But an MRI scan alone is not enough to diagnose MS.

So my previous post is not about telling to go for a check up but rather not to worry about things beforehand.

After all withdrawals can mimic many conditions.

[Fr...]

These posts can only be understood by someone who has lived through it. 

• Like 2

@[vo...] voluntas I understand your side aswell but please be kind because he's suffering soo bad I know that he might say something that is not right but he's completely neurotic right now and he might not be able to think straight so it's natural for him to react this way 

12 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

@[vo...] voluntas I understand your side aswell but please be kind because he's suffering soo bad I know that he might say something that is not right but he's completely neurotic right now and he might not be able to think straight so it's natural for him to react this way 

@[S_...] I was having a really hard time and a bad day myself that day. I should have just not read his post. I am again today. I just stay away from this group when that happens so it doesn't bring me down worse than I already am.

• Like 2

@[vo...] I'm sorry your haveing a hard time. Yea its best if you can avoid all the negative stuff right now and if you ever need someone to talk to you can always message me aswell :hug:

• Love 1