Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Frequent urination

[En...]

Anyone else having to go pee like every 30mins? It is annoying at night when I am trying to sleep. Always when I'm in a wave I get this along with the extreme fatigue and headaches. 

[An...]

Recognizable @[En...], I feel like sitting on the toilet more than doing anything else. Also at night, very annoying with already poor sleep. I have read more about this. Just search on keywords....

• Like 1

[Bo...]

Yes pretty common especially in waves… make sure to keep hydrated as I struggled with this bc I kept going to the bathroom so much at night- add some pink Himalayan sea salt or Celtic sea salt to your meals to keep your electrolytes up in the waves. 
You’re doing great, steady does it and keep riding the waves the best you can 

• Like 3

[Le...]

i was cted. i lost control of those things for 3months the had 9mo of constantly feeling like i had to go. common i think. 

• Like 1

[Mo...]

Yes. It's not all the time, but when it happens, it does seem like every 30 minutes like Eng101 said. Then I'll have a day or 2 without going so much and then the next day, going all the time. This poison can cause some of the weirdest symptoms!

[En...]
8 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Yes. It's not all the time, but when it happens, it does seem like every 30 minutes like Eng101 said. Then I'll have a day or 2 without going so much and then the next day, going all the time. This poison can cause some of the weirdest symptoms!

Between peeing all the time and the extreme fatigue this is a horrible experience. The shaking of my hands I can see it when I brush my teeth when I put toothpaste on the brush how much I am shaking. I get body twitches out of the blue. A wave is a horrible experience. I sometimes think how can I go back to work when I feel good one week then feel like I am dying the next. Anything can set off a wave. 

[Le...]
18 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Yes sleep is interrupted every 30mins. Sometimes I have to pee almost right after I pee lol. I am drinking water to replenish. We will get through this. It will all be a bad memory soon. That's what keeps me going.

Isnt the volume very low but urge frequent? 

[En...]
1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

Isnt the volume very low but urge frequent? 

Yes that is right. 

[Le...]

likely dont need to worry about dehydration then. overdrinking may just aggravate the issue idk. I was pretty delirious when that stuff was happening.  

[En...]
16 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

likely dont need to worry about dehydration then. overdrinking may just aggravate the issue idk. I was pretty delirious when that stuff was happening.  

Perhaps it's a bladder nerve thing. All our nerves are fried.

[Bi...]

Yep I had it. I thought I had an infection but didn't. It went away of its own accord after a month or so

[dp...]

Yep I've dealt with this in a different kind of way,.. I've definitely had that frequent need to pee and not peeing much,.. but more than that I've had peeing all the time and large quantities of urine to the point where it was clear and I've been getting dehydrated very easily. It's like when that happens, my body has kind of shut off the ability to absorb what I drink and the stuff that I do drink goes right through me,.. and I'm always in a state of dehydration and sometimes it's gotten so bad I've had to go to the ER to get IV's.

Situation with me seems to be how the drugs affect chemicals to the point that vasopressin,one of the body's hormones that helps you retain/absorb water,.. is very low and you're having symptoms of diabetes insipidus.

As far as your situation, sounds like the nerves and bladder function is affected more than anything,.. which, with cystitis as well, I've dealt with that and others have too from what I've seen. What a mess Lol. But not abnormal.

Edited by [dp...]