Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I finally made it!! no more benzos

[Di...]

[Di...]

Hello out there.  I am going to make this short.  14 1/2 years on Ativan and Saturday night I jumped ship.  I used it to help sleep and for anxiety.  

I was taking 2 mg of Ativan nightly to sleep.  I started tapering in April of 2022.  One month ago, I contacted a Doctor who specializes in tapering, and she follows the 

Ashton method.  She placed me on 2 1/2 mg of Diazepam nightly along with my 1/2 mg of Ativan.  I was able to completely get off my dose of Ativan in one month and last night I slept almost six hours without any Benzo at all.  

My journey is over.  Thank you all for your support.  I never thought my journey would end.  

Bless each and everyone of you and I wish you a successful journey.  I am 69 years old and I plan to live out the remaining life without Benzo drug.

• Like 7
  • Love 6

[Di...]

Thank you.  Since jumping ship my sleep has been horrible but I know it will take time for my brain to heal and my sleep will come back eventually.

[tr...]

Woohoo! Huge congratulations to you! So wonderful. Sending many well wishes <3

• 5 weeks later...

could you explain the taper, you said your off the ativan, did you then taper off the diaz too? thanks in wadvance xx

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Th...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [ra...]
    • [...]
    • [Bl...]
    • [Be...]
    • [oc...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]