Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

In a wave again

[En...]

I have been off clonazepam for about 5 weeks now and have been doing ok. I was hoping I was over the worst of this all. 

My Dr upped my antidepressant 20mg last week and I started to notice I was feeling very tired and had a headache. I thought this was just side effects from the increase so I ignored them all last week. Yesterday I started to feel very off. I am now shakey and am sweating and not sleeping well no energy or motivation. I am also nauseated. I now think I am in a wave not side effect or maybe a combination of both. I have cut my dose back to the original dose again and will see if I start to improve. It is difficult to figure out if I am in a wave or not but it sure feels like it. My eyes are also swollen and I feel tired. I have no appetite either. 

I try to get through this tough time by telling myself it will pass soon. It is difficult to be positive during a wave. Can anyone offer any support or hope for me? I could use it right now. 

[Ca...]

Increasing the dosage of the antidepressant was maybe not the best idea! In withdrawal your nervous system is totally fried and hypersensitive! starting other meds or increasing or decreasing other meds dosages usually often just aggravates the symptoms and prolongs recovery! 

5 weeks off is just really early days! But yes I can reassure you it will get better in time and you will heal! But there's no med that can ease withdrawal it will rather fuel the symptoms! There is just one way to heal! It's the way through! It takes time!

Edited by [Ca...]
  • Like 1

[En...]
16 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Increasing the dosage of the antidepressant was maybe not the best idea! In withdrawal your nervous system is totally fried and hypersensitive! starting other meds or increasing or decreasing other meds dosages usually often just aggravates the symptoms and prolongs recovery! 

5 weeks off is just really early days! But yes I can reassure you it will get better in time and you will heal! But there's no med that can ease withdrawal it will rather fuel the symptoms! There is just one way to heal! It's the way through! It takes time!

Do you think it was a good idea for me to reduce the dose back to where I was stable? I upped it last Monday it's been about a week. 

• Like 1

[Ca...]

Yes, my feeling tells me it was good to go back on the previous dose. A week isn't a long time! If you ever wanna get off of the antidepressant, too, I hope you know you gotta taper slowly and carefully as well! 'Cause they have their own withdrawal syndromes, too!

Sending you lots of healing vibes!

Edited by [Ca...]
  • Like 1