Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Stopping meds after 23 years

[Ja...]

Stopping this last Valium medication after 23 year of anti depressants and a couple mood stabilisers is so worrying 

Anybody else in the situation of stopping meds after so long,.over the years I’d always hoped from 1 med to another,with mabie small breaks in between 

Ive a lot of anxious uncertainty of what I’m going to be like at the end of this 

• Love 1

[An...]

Hi @[Ja...] I am tapering off after 20 years of medication use. It has always been a stable dose but i have used other medication in between. CT stopped from a high dose of Lyrica. Used AD for years, also stopped CT with it so now decided to phase out slowly with the clonazepam. My mind is so troubled I don't remember who I was before I started using benzo and that scares me.
I personally use the Ashton manual for support. I unfortunately know too little about tapering strategies but I understand you. I hope members will still respond.
The first step has been taken. Hang in there.

• Like 1

[vo...]

Congratulations @[Ja...] ! We can do this! 47 years on Xanax and 10 years on Clonazepam. I honestly don't like the person I was on these drugs - I love the person I have become. I hope the same for you!! 

• Like 2