Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

7 Weeks Since "Setback"

[So...]

7 weeks since I took Diflucan & got major head pressure, itching/crawling/burning on my scalp, bad tinnitus, & dpdr.  The head pressure is almost constant.  The best part is the Diflucan didn't even get rid of the infection, so I've still been trying to battle with that as well.  Going back to the Gyno tomorrow. 

Anyways, I know better by now than to think this is permanent, but it's really frustrating because days that could have otherwise been good with my aka have been hard & depressing because of these constant head symptoms.  It's also really triggering because the reason I got on Klonopin in the first place was for visual disturbance & inner ear pressure- & the dpdr/head pressure feels awfully similar to that, something I thought I had overcame long ago.

Anyways.. yeah.  Had anyone else had constant head symptoms after a setback?  It's very discouraging, I'm hitting 13 months off benzos very soon & am very low on my antidepressants but been holding 3 months now 😢 

[En...]
2 hours ago, [[S...] said:

7 weeks since I took Diflucan & got major head pressure, itching/crawling/burning on my scalp, bad tinnitus, & dpdr.  The head pressure is almost constant.  The best part is the Diflucan didn't even get rid of the infection, so I've still been trying to battle with that as well.  Going back to the Gyno tomorrow. 

Anyways, I know better by now than to think this is permanent, but it's really frustrating because days that could have otherwise been good with my aka have been hard & depressing because of these constant head symptoms.  It's also really triggering because the reason I got on Klonopin in the first place was for visual disturbance & inner ear pressure- & the dpdr/head pressure feels awfully similar to that, something I thought I had overcame long ago.

Anyways.. yeah.  Had anyone else had constant head symptoms after a setback?  It's very discouraging, I'm hitting 13 months off benzos very soon & am very low on my antidepressants but been holding 3 months now 😢 

I also have constant head pressure as well in this wave. It isn't like a headache it is different. It makes me feel nauseous especially in the mornings. 

• Like 1

[Ca...]

I am also in a severe setback! For 4 long months now! My setback was definately caused by getting off of methylphenidate in April and lately Propanolol. As long as you are on the antidepressant and tapering even if you've been holding the dosage for 3 months it can fuel BIND and cause setbacks! It's just another withdrawal adding up. It mixes up with BIND. That happened to me, too, with the methylphenidate and the Propanolol. I believe we will only start to really heal once off of everything! But even if it feels like that no Withdrawal nor setback or BIND is forever! We will get better in time. 

My symptoms are pretty constant since setback 24/7. I also have Dp/dr and my sleeping disorder never got better- not even for a day since I was on Klonopin. I am 16 months off of it! I was already a lot improved before the methylphenidate setback 

[So...]

Thanks for the reply! @[En...].. yes it's a very weird feeling.  Almost like I got hit over the head with a bat.  It seems to be worse when I lay down as is all my symptoms (super fun mixed with fatigue) but some days it's just all day no matter what.  Ugh!

Ohhh @[Ca...] i didnt see your comment until now for some reason, im so sorry!  

i think my original setback was caused by a benzo wave & just from hitting a wall on my AD taper... I crashed HARD.  Been holding since.  But then I took that Diflucan & it's just been non stop head symptoms since then.  Horrible.

Yes i think it's possible to be stable on meds for sure- maybe not fully heal per say... I just really wanted to get off because I never wanted to have to do this again, lmao.

What symptoms are you dealing with?  Ugh yeah, this head pressure is literally getting to me so bad like it's cognitively effecting me hard just because it's hard to think straight when your brain feels like it's swelling in your skull 😬

13 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Ohhh @[Ca...] i didnt see your comment until now for some reason, im so sorry!  

i think my original setback was caused by a benzo wave & just from hitting a wall on my AD taper... I crashed HARD.  Been holding since.  But then I took that Diflucan & it's just been non stop head symptoms since then.  Horrible.

Yes i think it's possible to be stable on meds for sure- maybe not fully heal per say... I just really wanted to get off because I never wanted to have to do this again, lmao.

What symptoms are you dealing with?  Ugh yeah, this head pressure is literally getting to me so bad like it's cognitively effecting me hard just because it's hard to think straight when your brain feels like it's swelling in your skull 😬

I also wanted to just get off everything to set the sails for final healing now.  The last med I got off was Propanolol 4 weeks ago. Setback got even worse then.

Oh I have many nasty symptoms at the moment. Old ones and especially new one popped up since setback caused by getting off methylphenidate... constant fatigue 24/7, being bedridden, extreme depersonalisation and emotional blunting, up to the point where I can’t feel anything, Anhedonia, Derealisation, vision disturbances, weird body sensations, absolutely no conentration, a lot of wheight loss, Tinnitus, fibromyalgia, flahbacks and sometimes nightmares about my detox experience, sometimes a bit OCD, saggy skin and Ehlers Danlos like skin due to the extreme lack of restorative sleep for so long, but my face is improving now a bit, it gets better skin and fuller but my arms look like 70 still, I am just in my 30s- that's pretty bad for me... Identity crisis and midlife crisis...bet I forgot some symptoms 

Edited by [Ca...]