Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Freaking out !!! Help ???

[S_...]

Guys I can't feel my whole body and my face ! What is going on ??? I can't feel any sensation on my skin is this normal ?? Am I having a stroke??? I can't feel any touch or temperature this is scaryyy what's happening I'm 9 months out 

[Cr...]
6 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Guys I can't feel my whole body and my face ! What is going on ??? I can't feel any sensation on my skin is this normal ?? Am I having a stroke??? I can't feel any touch or temperature this is scaryyy what's happening I'm 9 months out 

Please get in touch with your doctor or head to a hospital if it is really severe. While there is a good chance this is just withdrawal, it is always better to be sure.

Since you are scared, it would be wise to ease your worries by ruling out other issues. If they can't find anything physically wrong with you then it is most likely a temporary issue related to your recovery, and will subside. That should help lower the fear.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[S_...]

@[Cr...] everytime I go to the hospital they tell me it's anxiety and treat me like shit I don't wanna go there anymore but this symptom is freaking me out I can't feel my legs 

[S_...]

Guys I'm freaking out ! I can't even feel my phone in my hand as I'm typing this 

[Ma...]

I’ve read other people experiencing this-I’m not a dr. Maybe do a search here.

I think you probably are in a state of panic right now. I know I would be. Maybe try a guided meditation on Insight Timer. You can search for panic attack rescue.

Plunge your face into a bowl of ice water.

Breathe in 6, hold 4, exhale 7. Repeat.

Maybe take a warm epson salt bath.

I understand your hesitation about the ER, but if it gets worse, maybe reconsider.

• Like 1

[Cr...]
Just now, [[S...] said:

@[Cr...] could this be a panic attack ??? My heart is racing feel like I'm about to faint

That sounds a lot like a typical panic attack. If it is, then it is probably the result of your own fear and "what if" thinking overwhelming you.

No one on this forum can accurately diagnose you. We can all offer advice on the assumption that your symptoms are due to benzo withdrawal, but it is your responsibility to rule out other possibilities.

• Like 5

If you’re having trouble breathing and swallowing, more than likely it's a panic attack. What I do is jump in shower warm water then go for a brisk walk.

• Like 1

[Si...]
5 hours ago, [[S...] said:

@[Cr...] everytime I go to the hospital they tell me it's anxiety and treat me like shit I don't wanna go there anymore but this symptom is freaking me out I can't feel my legs 

How shit that treatment at the ER may be I feel you still gotto take that trip and rule it out. do you have anyone besides you right now?
As others have mentioned this could be benzo w/d aside a panic attack try some deep breathing techniques and a shower, take some salt and sugar with water. just to rule it out yourself at home.

help that body calm down the stress response of your body at the very least. with high anxiety your body can feel numb and become incredibly sensitive with more neuron miss fires happening. for exmaple: my wife would pass out and get tremors all over her body. I wont have to tell you how benzo withdrawal is intertwined with what is going on with you right now. 

Its up to you if you want to rule it out at the ER. Id advice going, if only you end up going feeling more reassured that is currently good for your situation that you are dealing with as we speak.

Edited by [Si...]
  • Like 1

[An...]

This is definitely anxiety, anxiety does this loss of sensation, dizziness, fainting. How are you feeling ? 

• Like 1