Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Zoom Meetings for us?

[Su...]

Well I've been clean since Dec 28th.
I live in a sober living house/community. There are over 75 of us currently in this program. Many more have graduated or left but still live in the little town of Milford Michigan.
We all attend meetings.
I've found Heroin Anonymous
Cocaine Anonymous Alcohol Anonymous and Sex Anonymous here in this quiet cozy little town. I attend all. Only because I treat them all as ADDICTION ANONYMOUS. Do they help? Sure.
Problem is my DOC is Benzos (Klonopin) and no one else here has this addiction. I've interviewed many sponsors. Even my sponsor doesn't know shit about Benzo Addiction.

Long story short is yes I can attend Virtual Zoom NA meetings. I would love to find a meeting specifically for me! (Benzodiazepines) & CAN'T find anything on our world wide web. I was referred to NA or another meeting called Benzo Warrior even Benzo Hope.
Would be fine except they're both on weekdays at 2pm. I have a job and in no way possible could I attend via zoom.

Maybe you might have suggestions??

[Pa...]

Hello @[Su...],welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I admire your commitment to sobriety, but I’m afraid we don’t offer zoom meetings because we do our best to stay anonymous.  We do have some video and audio chat possibilities in the pipeline we’re hoping to roll out soon but the problem with that in your case is most of our members aren’t addicts, they’re dependent.  I know some don’t see a difference but there is because most of our members have taken the drug as prescribed.  We do have some who have addictive tendencies, I’m one of them but many can’t relate to the challenges addicts face when it comes to benzodiazepines.

We’re glad you’re here though, we get it, we know how painful and long this process is.  How long have you taken benzo’s and what have you taken and in what amounts, we can offer you hope even if we don’t have zoom.

@[Pa...]

[Ma...]

Jennifer Leigh offers meetings 3 days/week. Not on Zoom but you can look at her website for details.

[Su...]

Well I was "Prescribed" for 25+ years became "Dependent" / "Addicted" to Benzodiazepines/Klonopin. 

Took them as prescribed for many years and became Dependent on them for everything. So when I lost everything because of my addiction/dependency my son told me he'd never see me again unless I went to rehab. I had NO CLUE I was Dependent/Addicted to my Prescription. That is until the cold turkey withdrawals that were the worst damn thing I've ever experienced and still have many problems such as nerve damage loss of memory understanding what's happening. Id like to know if their is Zoom meetings for US somewhere in the English speaking world I could find for my soul.

[Pa...]

My apologies @[Su...], I assumed incorrectly that you had abused your medication when it appears your experience with benzodiazepines mirrors most of our members.  I hope you can find a meeting that suits your needs and I hope you and your son are back on good terms.