Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Back In Acute After 4 Years

[fl...]

I been of valium for nearly 4 years (46 months).

Post valium most of my symptoms were physical but with some mental panic attacks.  The physical were mostly burning, itchy skin & joint and muscle pain.  By far the worse was the constant muscle pain.  It was (and is) mostly on my right had side from my foot to leg to hip to abdomen and torso.  Pure hell for over 3 years but the pain did go away from my feet, legs, hip.  I was left with tension in the side muscles of my torso.

Then I had a very nasty wave last summer which lasted several months. So bad that I went to the ER.  X-rays, MRI and CT scan and a bunch of blood work a came back negative.

Things did calm down after that and I felt some good relief.  The pain was never gone but was reduced.  I thought that 2024 was going to be "my year" when I fully recover.  A few months ago I was even able to do several international trips and it was the best I felt in several years. I was even planning my Success Story posting in Benzo Buddies.  Again, the pain was never gone but was reduced to that I could function and I was returning to "normal".

This past few weeks though have been hell.  Back in acute.  Extreme pain all over the body especially first thing in the mornings.  After an hour or so it concentrates back to my right hand side abdomen and torso. And the panic attacks are back.

Very disturbing to be back in so much pain (like acute) so long after stopping valium.  Pure hell.  Some days I can hardly walk.

I know that there are a few long haulers out there.  Hoping to hear back from anyone that has been this far out and made it.

[Mu...]

Hi Buddy 

Next month will be 5 years for me. Thought I was doing well earlier this year then a small wave in the spring. Now that old I'm going to die feeling has returned. Sleep is disrupted and mornings are hell. It's never painful just a constant worry and tightness of the right side lower abdominal / hip area. The brain fog dizziness and nausea have also returned. Each morning I awake telling myself all this will go away in a couple of hours.

Take care music60 

[Mu...]

Sorry you didn't get any replies, you , Oleander and myself once shared the same symptoms. 

[fl...]

Thanks for the reply Music60.

Interesting that you too have issues with your right side - tightness of the right side lower abdominal / hip area.  Exactly the same for me.

It is mind-blowing that we could have symptoms 4-5 years after quitting.

Hope that you, and everyone, feels relief soon.