Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Profit in benzos.. this is why lives are wrecked £££££££££££

[Bi...]

[WU...]

What is the title of the book please?

Interesting about Vitamin C too, the same companies own the vitamins too, so they win even if you opt to go down the alternative route!

• Like 1

[WU...]

OK thanks. Without it needing to be conspiracy it is just business where the price of a thing bears no relation to the cost of manufacture, same goes with any product especially high- end lifestyle like luxury cars/clothes and especially handbags! 

I wonder how the author came up with 300? 

• Like 1

[WU...]

Not sure my brain in its present state could take any more conspiracy theories, I have enough trouble with a straightforward knitting pattern !

• Love 1

[Bi...]

It's clear to me that there's no profit to be made in the healthy. 

What a world we live in.

[WU...]
7 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

there's no profit to be made in the healthy. 

Oh I think there is plenty of profit from the healthy, look at all the aspirational stuff and nonsense products specifically designed to promote "health", the list is endless.  It is all a game of business and ownership and selling products we mostly don't need, anything for a profit.  Sooner or later people realise they don't need half of this stuff, not even a fraction and then the whole thing collapses and we start all over again. It all goes in cycles.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Taken from a book of mine written in 1992

IMG_20240804_163937949_HDR.jpg

Big pharma and supplement industry practice are not only unethical but illegal in many areas, though largely ignored.

If you haven't already, you should read about the Sackler family.  They brought valium and oxycontin to market a long with thorazine.

• Like 1

[WU...]

The NHS in the UK is one of the 5th largest employers in the world, it is a monster that needs feeding !

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Years ago I read a book by a local doctor about this. He detailed how John D Rockefeller and his brother William set up the modern pharmaceutical and medical system after reading about the invention of penicillin, recognising that it could be produced next to nothing and be sold at exorbitant prices. They then came to arrangements with universities to train doctors to prescribe them and with hospitals to employ the doctors trained in their pharmaceuticals. From then on it's all about profit.