Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Coffee

[Ma...]

It doesn’t prevent healing, it can just rev up symptoms- especially anxiety.

• Like 1

[Le...]

i found it useful at times. especially for headaches but everytime i end up drinking more and more then need to quit again cause it no longer works. 

give it a try if you want and if you react badly dont again. too much or too often is good for noone. 

[Le...]

yea. i didnt tolerate it well early on when I really could have used a pick me up. Now that I am further along it isnt such a big deal but of course I need it less. 

[Li...]
5 hours ago, [[M...] said:

It doesn’t prevent healing, it can just rev up symptoms- especially anxiety.

Hi Mary, do you know by any chance, what does prevent healing? Certain types of drinks, foods,  vitamins, etc? 

[Ma...]

Only alcohol as it’s the only thing that affects the GABA receptors in the exact same manner.

fluoroquinolone antibiotics should be avoided at all costs. There are many supplements etc that can possibly cause problems and are listed on the Benzo Information Coalition website.

Some find relief in antidepressants and so on, but I am in the camp that your body and brain needs a break from all neurotoxins. It intrinsically knows how to heal itself so leave it alone to do the job.

There are many other things that can make your symptoms worse and inflame your sensitized system. Histamine, refined sugars, processed food for example.

And it’s important to foster your healing as you would any injury. Hydrate-a lot-movement, sleep hygiene; limiting screen time, getting fresh air, sunlight, being in nature, trying to be around others even if that is sitting in a library, going into stores or talking with others with dogs while walking your own (if you have any).

You’ll read and hear about meditation anywhere from Dr Google to DNRS or Gupta programs. If you can do guided meditations it allows your brain to calm down and get to work, tells your brain there are other things to think about other than your symptoms. We can get OCD tracking what is happening and then we kind of reinforce those symptoms we’re trying to heal. Again: leave it alone.

• Like 1

[Le...]

the only thing similar about benzos and alcohol is that both have some effect on gaba and almost everything else in your body. they are nothing alike. 

[Li...]
56 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Only alcohol as it’s the only thing that affects the GABA receptors in the exact same manner.

fluoroquinolone antibiotics should be avoided at all costs. There are many supplements etc that can possibly cause problems and are listed on the Benzo Information Coalition website.

Some find relief in antidepressants and so on, but I am in the camp that your body and brain needs a break from all neurotoxins. It intrinsically knows how to heal itself so leave it alone to do the job.

There are many other things that can make your symptoms worse and inflame your sensitized system. Histamine, refined sugars, processed food for example.

And it’s important to foster your healing as you would any injury. Hydrate-a lot-movement, sleep hygiene; limiting screen time, getting fresh air, sunlight, being in nature, trying to be around others even if that is sitting in a library, going into stores or talking with others with dogs while walking your own (if you have any).

You’ll read and hear about meditation anywhere from Dr Google to DNRS or Gupta programs. If you can do guided meditations it allows your brain to calm down and get to work, tells your brain there are other things to think about other than your symptoms. We can get OCD tracking what is happening and then we kind of reinforce those symptoms we’re trying to heal. Again: leave 

Antibiotics? What happens if we have an infection 

[Ma...]

How often have you needed an antibiotic? How often? If you need 1 down the road, your future self will manage it.

Try to use your energy to believe in healing, not to worry.

And stay in the moment, just this moment. Mindfulness, if cultivated now, will not only help you immensely, it will also set you up for a calm future.

Just this breath, just this moment.

[Le...]
10 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Antibiotics? What happens if we have an infection 

the most harmful antibiotics are rarely used. just try to avoid ones of that type. it is unlikely to come up. 

[Li...]
10 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

the most harmful antibiotics are rarely used. just try to avoid ones of that type. it is unlikely to come up. 

Thank you,  I love this!  PS. I've been having a hard time eating . The only thing I could get down was some pizza and an ice cream smoothie. I'm hoping this doesn't affect anything?  I appreciate it 🙏 

[Le...]

little things are fine. dont panic. in general take care of you body. all the activity of any sort you can and a high fiber natural diet is my suggestion. there is a reason countries have almost the same life expectancy as ours without all the luxuries and medical care we enjoy. people ate always moving and not eating poision or overeating poision. treat your body well. 

[S_...]

Guys does anyone else feel like they are high on lsd and severe hypercausis when they take few sips of coffee ? 

[Ja...]

I said feck it and had 2 cups of coffee a few weeks back,.half an hour later half the nerves in my face were trembling and extremely anxious,..crap as I love coffee 

[Ja...]

S_123 is that noise perseption,.a lot of things can mess with your senses during this withdrawal

even the sound of my own voice has seemed louder or softer

when you mention the coffee making you feel like you’ve had lsd,.I would say that waves at there peak sometimes are very close

also if you overdue the drops it feels like a severe substance downer

i has an unreal wave last night when the tinnitus was screaming unbearable and I was really tense/edgy 

I want to bed and darkened the room,.slept 3 hour and woke up better,I also managed to sleep last night after it and have had a good window today

yea withdrawal carry on can be a nightmare  pal

• Like 1