Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I’m still suffering from a setback after 1 year

[Mo...]

I was stable to 2 years, thought I was healed and started drinking alcohol again. After a year of drinking heavily on the weekends, I was thrown right back into acute. It has gotten better and I was experiencing windows and waves for months until I got covid in February. Now things have been 10x worse. 

I don’t know what to do anymore and I’m just looking for guidance. Can setbacks actually last this long after being stable? I’m concerned there is something else going on. 

[Le...]

you have experienced many things that strained your body and you have a vulnerability from prior harms. 

Build that health back up and dont challenge it again. Waiting to recover just makes you worse. You decline more while waiting. be strong and persistent and build back that physical health. the rest will follow. it will take time and discomfort but it does work. it is a great challenge and too hard or even impossible for some with other challenges but I bet you can do it.