Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Severe emotional pain

[Th...]

Who else gets the severe emotional pain that just overwhelms everything? It just makes everything else seem small due to the enormity of the pain. It will take old memories and twist them into something they weren’t. Sometimes I’m even getting false memories that never happened. They’re always dark and very painful. It makes me want to give in. I won’t though as there’s a little part of me that thinks that maybe I can be ‘ok’ at the end of this and the only thing at to find out is to finish my taper and heal and see what that’s like. This is the cruelest thing I’ve ever experienced next to my childhood.

[Le...]

Have you tried holding at your current dose for longer? Im not sure if you know, but the lower you go on your benzo dose. The lower the reductions needs to be, due to receptor binding being stronger at the lower doses.

[Th...]
26 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Have you tried holding at your current dose for longer? Im not sure if you know, but the lower you go on your benzo dose. The lower the reductions needs to be, due to receptor binding being stronger at the lower doses.

Thanks, yes I held my dose for a good while and it didn’t seem to help. I’ve only reduced by 4% in the last 4 weeks. I may hold for a couple of weeks if things get worse.