Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

24 months out, not everyone heals

[Sc...]

I'm sure now that healing is something that happens to few and rest just disappear after losing hope. The torture is unbearable. My brain is so fragile that I cannot talk properly. Emotional blunting or anhedonia kills me every moment. 

Other symptoms I can't list. 

I can't do this anymore. I tapered for 15 months and waited 2 more years and what I get is failure. 

[I ...]

I'm two and half years and I'm experiencing the same, after long window of 8 months. I thought I'm healed, but again I'm in black.

Don't lose hope. Some of us need more time and also the quality of your life is crucial point of improvement.

When I got the window many aspects of my life were going good.

One small stress and antibiotics in the spring brought me back to hell for 3 months now.

Don't lose hope!

• Like 1

[be...]
2 hours ago, [[S...] said:

I'm sure now that healing is something that happens to few and rest just disappear after losing hope. The torture is unbearable. My brain is so fragile that I cannot talk properly. Emotional blunting or anhedonia kills me every moment. 

I can't do this anymore. I tapered for 15 months and waited 2 more years and what I get is failure. 

You complain about anhedonia infront of people who have POTS, vision problems, muscle problems and hyperacusis?

[jo...]

Anhedonia can be very serious. Trust me I know. Some people who have not experienced it think it means someone is just down in the dumps or whatever or confuse it with standard depression. It's on a whole other level. It's infact one of the worst emotional states it is possible to feel as a human being. I'm sure it goes away eventually.

• Like 5
  • Angry 1

[Le...]
3 hours ago, [[S...] said:

lots tingling in hands and feet?  lots tension?  what are your “Other symptoms?”

[Bu...]
3 hours ago, [[S...] said:

I’m so sorry you’re feeling this way 

I’m not functioning well and feeling hopeless also due to many symptoms and conditions that certainly feel like “unbearable torture “ as you say 

i would say though no one really know what proportion of us heal. Saying only a few heal is as unlikely as saying everyone will heal. That’s nice to hear but is obviously untrue. 

I truly wish things turn around very soon for both of us 

[Bu...]
1 hour ago, [[b...] said:

You complain about anhedonia infront of people who have POTS, vision problems, muscle problems and hyperacusis?

Having seen your earlier post I know you are having a hell of a time

however, I think everyone should feel like they are able to say how they feel and he/she didn’t list all of the symptoms just the most difficult ones, you can’t really compare suffering in that way

• Like 1

[Bu...]
4 hours ago, [[S...] said:

[Bu...]

The other thing to say is that the very fact that so many of the success stories talk about many years of suffering shows that it is still possible for you to heal

this needs to be countered by the reality that all of our journeys are different, and until someone has tried a mile in my shoes they cannot possibly say what is and isn’t possible for me to endure for whatever length of time without going completely insane

either way I wish you well

[Sc...]

@[be...] It is possible that you may be suffering more than me, but my symptoms are really brutal. I felt the same anger when one person was complaining about tinnitus as his major problem. I get upset when someone in the outside world say that they were having fever, cold, leg pain etc.. And even they comment that I'm fine and just thinking in my head. 

Bb is a support forum, words are inadequate to describe what one can be going through. I have lost my hope for healing that's why I came here and I'm more afraid when people are in much worse condition. 

• Like 1

[be...]
10 hours ago, [[S...] said:

@[be...] It is possible that you may be suffering more than me, but my symptoms are really brutal. I felt the same anger when one person was complaining about tinnitus as his major problem. I get upset when someone in the outside world say that they were having fever, cold, leg pain etc.. And even they comment that I'm fine and just thinking in my head. 

Bb is a support forum, words are inadequate to describe what one can be going through. I have lost my hope for healing that's why I came here and I'm more afraid when people are in much worse condition. 

textura-abstracta-del-ruido-color-de-la-pantalla-interferencia-pixel-digitaces-para-su-modelo-inconstil-diseo-144678181.jpg.0af9e708004b33a66ae1a41f8de0d041.jpg

my vision is like this. and my whole body is vibrating and everythinf is numb. my fingers are not moving. my ears vibrate when i hear something. this is super serious man

[Ja...]

Scared cat,.so sorry to hear your still battling this after so long pal,you must be an absolute warrior 

after tapering as well,do you take anything else to combat the symptoms or thought about it,.that a lot of time to be in mental pain

[Sc...]

@[Ja...] I do some advanced forms of Yoga which keeps me sane. I don't take any drugs or herbal remedies except homeopathy. 

[Sc...]

@[be...] Yes it's much worse than what I am facing. But I have a feeling that things will settle for you. I remember my vision was blurred while tapering but it went normal. 

Your CNS is super sensitive which makes your other symptoms. You have to wait like I have to wait. We have no choice. 

Please keep praying, it's a powerful tool. 

• Like 1

[be...]
2 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

@[be...] Yes it's much worse than what I am facing. But I have a feeling that things will settle for you. I remember my vision was blurred while tapering but it went normal. 

Your CNS is super sensitive which makes your other symptoms. You have to wait like I have to wait. We have no choice. 

Please keep praying, it's a powerful tool. 

mine is not just wd. i also have MS. my mri showed a lesion

[Ma...]

@[be...] A lesion does not mean MS. 90% of the population has white matter disease. Those are lesions.

Also, this isn’t a competition. It’s just not so please stop.

@[Sc...] started this thread for support. It’s about them, not you.

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

[Cr...]
3 hours ago, [[b...] said:

my vision is like this. and my whole body is vibrating and everythinf is numb. my fingers are not moving. my ears vibrate when i hear something. this is super serious man

Benzo withdrawal is not a competition to see who is suffering the worst. Imagine if someone with more intense versions of your symptoms (plus others) implied that you should not complain about your symptoms because they have it worse than you do.

Whether someone is bed-bound with debilitating symptoms or experiencing mild anxiety, it does not matter. Everyone deserves support.

I hope you get relief soon @[be...], but please do not guilt other members for not suffering as badly as you feel you are. Things can change rapidly in withdrawal with overnight improvements or sudden waves. Just keep moving forward, and be mindful that you are all in this together.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

[Ca...]

I am 100% convinced everyone heals. Only you don't know when! For some of us it unfortunately takes years. But in the end everyone heals! So will you, one day! And I don't think it will take too long for you hopefully maybe, since you are already in this thing for so long. That's what I believe! So please don't give up hope! Stay strong it's definately worth it! I know what I am talking about! I have been there once 10 years ago when I was CT'd by doctors off of z drugs! I also took a long time to heal

I am 16 months out and I am also experiencing severe anheadonia and depersonalisation and emotional blunting amongst some other bad symptoms like mild ocd and fatigue and some more! My skin looks and feels like I had Ehlers Danlos syndrome and my skin is suddenly saggy . I feel like I aged a ton in only a few months! That's s really nasty thing for me that makes me suffer like hell! I don't look like me, don't feel like me and don't even sound like me. I am bedridden most of the time these days. 

I'm currently in a severe setback for almost 4 months now caused by 2 other meds (my last meds) I got off (methylphenidate and lately Propanolol) but I know some day I will be healed!

So You are not alone in this! Thinking you would never heal is just a part/a symptom of it (BIND)

Edited by [Ca...]
  • Like 2

[Go...]
On 04/08/2024 at 09:22, [[b...] said:

What a rude comment.

Edited by [Go...]
  • Like 1