Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

My doctor said I have MS.

[be...]

My whole bodu became much much much much more numb and I cant feel anything. I couldny grab anytjing and my vision got much worse. It is not even double vision. It is quad vision with vibration. My doctor today said it is MS and it is getting worse. They said it is irreversable. It is MS induced by rapid benzo WD. I cant believe this.

[Bu...]
51 minutes ago, [[b...] said:

My whole bodu became much much much much more numb and I cant feel anything. I couldny grab anytjing and my vision got much worse. It is not even double vision. It is quad vision with vibration. My doctor today said it is MS and it is getting worse. They said it is irreversable. It is MS induced by rapid benzo WD. I cant believe this.

I’m sorry to hear you are going through such a hard time 

do you have any support?

[be...]
1 hour ago, [[B...] said:

I’m sorry to hear you are going through such a hard time 

do you have any support?

yes but it is not enough. It is MS now. my life is over.

[Le...]

How do they know its ms? Have you had any test, or do your doctor go by the symptoms you tell them about? 

[be...]
24 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

How do they know its ms? Have you had any test, or do your doctor go by the symptoms you tell them about? 

yes. i cant type mow. my cns is collapsing. icant brearhe

[be...]
25 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

im not sure if i can get rhoguh today. if i dont ckme back, pleasr pray for me

[Si...]

MS needs to be diagnosed with at least MRI scan. they can tell right away. someone cant just say it because the symptoms look like MS. benzo can do that. get checked out mate.

• Like 2

[Le...]
8 hours ago, [[b...] said:

your doctor is a moron

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@[be...], you know i read in an article by H. Ashton that there were ppl going through benzo withdrawal misdiagnosed exactly with MS. They got better afterwards. But sure i'd try to have all the necessary tests done before coming to any conclusions. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! 

[di...]

@[Бе...]
Dispensed sclerosis is placed on MRI of the brain, as well as antibodies and antinuclear factor. BUT! Immunosuppressants should help stop the process if it's really the right diagnosis. I'm not a doctor, and I can be wrong

[Ma...]

Please let us know exactly what tests specifically said you had MS.

Rapid benzo withdrawal does not cause MS. It just doesn’t.

And if you don’t think you can ‘get through the day’, please go to the ER.

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 1

[Co...]

Hello @[be...]

What kind of doctor provided you with the diagnosis of MS? I think it is usual for such a diagnosis to come via a rhumatologist, and after testing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, [[b...] said:

To diagnose MS you would need to see a neurologist, have clinical signs and symptoms consistent with the disease and meet the McDonald criteria which almost always involves a brain and spine MRI sometimes csf sample.  

I know many people with MS.  There are many types of the disease.  Treatment if needed has gotten a lot better over the recent years.

I'm sorry if you now carry this diagnosis.  I can only imagine how terrible that news would be especially while dealing with benzo withdrawal.  Hope is not lost, MS is treatable with variable disease course and benzo withdrawal takes time.  Hang in there friend.

• Like 3