Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Family acceptance

[Ja...]

My biggest issues by far bar the withdrawal is trying to juggle family life along the way

So mutch so I think it made me feel mutch worse with constant worry and the stress got the better of me recently 

after a 2 month hold for my family and myself although the interdose withdrawals started bad, the stress got so overpowering I was breaking down,My family were seeing that to and I made a decision 

I sat down with my partner this week and explained the car is getting parked up for the foreseeable 

I’ve pulled out the allready rebooked holiday again that I couldn’t go on the first time

And started the taper again this week,with a 16 week plan,that no matter how I feel I’m coming of this,.explaining that I could be spending a lot of time alone in a bedroom at some points

my 4 to 5 long walks with the dogs a week has came down to 2 with short walks in-between

I’ve reactivated an old Tesco delivery account for the shopping,,and talked about other things that just need to be put on hold just now 

when it seriously gets to mutch juggling family/life while going through this somet has to be done

it’s took me most the year to get to this point where,now it’s time to just get through this for myself and health as well 

it’s no good making things worse trying to live a normal life when it’s anything but while in withdrawal 

distraction yea but not a full scale everything’s the norm life,.just in my experience anyway folks.

• Like 1

[Si...]

My biggest issue is trying to stay alive through a bad heart symptom.

Juggling, work life family in all of this whatever someone is going through defiantly is tough.

Gladly there are many things that make it easier in the practical sense which later transfers over in the emotional & mental sense as a sort of knock on effect.
Like being clear and upfront to your partner, making some rules, cutting back on work hours, discuss with your boss. if you have a kid, daycare and a family member like grandma goes a long way. 
Scheduling when to do the house, chores and when to for example go outside with the kid and distract yourself.
Your own routines like stretching or seeing the sunlight when you wake up, what and when you eat. how you eat. chew more, relax and put on some music even when you are not relaxed. deep breathing excesses. 
family schedule.

In accumulation it can go a long way.
Same as not investing energy in those who don't believe in benzo w/d. that is for later.
Be sure to vent that from time till time to those that you can.

Edited by [Si...]
  • Like 1

[Ja...]

Sirdeepfry yea I can quite believe that must be a big worry with your heart buddy,.is it just the odd pains as I get that as well,

yea you sound like you’ve got this more organised than I did,it’s definitely something that needs to be thought about and done to get through this

you got for yourself to come out the over side of it in half decent nick and not totally done in