Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Lorazepam to Valium

3 hours ago, [[m...] said:

thank you for the reassurance. I feel like I’m just such a burden and bother to everyone and I find myself apologizing constantly, which irritates the hell out of everybody.

I have no idea if I should switch back or not, as it was sheer misery switching to the diazepam in the first place. I just know this depression is soul crushing and I have no idea if I’ll be able to handle it for as long as it takes to taper off of this. I’ve been having some pretty dark thoughts which I promise to share with my husband when they come up. Haven’t had those in awhile and don’t have any plans. It’s just the thought that I don’t want to have to continue dealing with all of this with now end in sight. 

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but I've been thinking that switching to clonazepam may be a viable option.  Depression is a common side effect of Valium, and clonazepam has a decent half-life,whereby you probably could avoid the interdose withdrawals more common with Ativan.

Just an idea...I know it would be an unknown, and I understand any reluctance to switch meds.

9 hours ago, [[R...] said:

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but I've been thinking that switching to clonazepam may be a viable option.  Depression is a common side effect of Valium, and clonazepam has a decent half-life,whereby you probably could avoid the interdose withdrawals more common with Ativan.

Just an idea...I know it would be an unknown, and I understand any reluctance to switch meds.

I read that med is harder to taper from than most others? Plus, I would he terrified of different effects from yet another benzo. It’s an idea but I’m scared of everything at this point. Change back to lorazepam, stay on diazepam, change to another type…. 
I wish I was the strong, resilient person I was a year ago. Handling stressor with relative ease. Now, I need my husband as a care taker.