Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Antibiotic setback - probiotic recommendations?

[Mi...]

Unfortunately I had to have oral surgery only one month out from a problem with one of my Medications.  Was trying to stabilize.  This whole ordeal set me back.  I already was struggling with appetite - it’s now worse and I have weird reactions to what I eat.  Can anyone recommend a probiotic? I’m honestly scared that will rock the boat too but not sure what to do. 
thank you 

[Si...]

Raw goat milk Kefir (gave me back firm stool with better nutrient absorption)

fermented pickles (suppose to help with dopamine and serotonin production in the gut, Havent tried myself yet looking for an address to buy them as we speak)

GUM probiotics (something like this if you have inflamed gums or other dental mouth issues otherwise skip it) https://www.apohealth.de/en/products/gum-periobalance-lutschtabletten-30-st-tabletten?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwqre1BhAqEiwA7g9QhvwGDgwvM1C7DSd958Do9KTre0xTOvS3uzxj_l0hTo58KWItFxTgsxoCRR4QAvD_BwE )

Get some sunlight it might help with better appetite as well as looking forward to something tasty to eat. 
Try to somewhat eat at the same time like breakfast and dinner your body gets used too that and your digestive system will make itself ready for that time window. like saliva production.
Optimizations.

[Bu...]

Hi @[Mi...],
I have taken Florajen Digestion probiotics for years, while still on my benzo and all through my taper with no issues.  I realize that everyone is different and that starting something during this is always iffy, but you can open the capsules and take just a little at a time to see how you react.  I mix it into a spoonful of applesauce to take it.  I have found that while before my taper, I could take them on an empty stomach, I now need to take them with food, but they work either way.

[Mi...]
17 hours ago, [[S...] said:

fermented pickles (suppose to help with dopamine and serotonin production in the gut, Havent tried myself yet looking for an address to buy them as we speak)

GUM probiotics (something like this if you have inflamed gums or other dental mouth issues otherwise skip it) https://www.apohealth.de/en/products/gum-periobalance-lutschtabletten-30-st-tabletten?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwqre1BhAqEiwA7g9QhvwGDgwvM1C7DSd958Do9KTre0xTOvS3uzxj_l0hTo58KWItFxTgsxoCRR4QAvD_BwE )

Get some sunlight it might help with better appetite as well as looking forward to something tasty to eat. 
Try to somewhat eat at the same time like breakfast and dinner your body gets used too that and your digestive system will make itself ready for that time window. like saliva production.
Optimizations.

Thank you 

17 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Optimizations.

Thank you @[Si...] trying kefir today 

[Mi...]
9 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hi @[Mi...],
I have taken Florajen Digestion probiotics for years, while still on my benzo and all through my taper with no issues.  I realize that everyone is different and that starting something during this is always iffy, but you can open the capsules and take just a little at a time to see how you react.  I mix it into a spoonful of applesauce to take it.  I have found that while before my taper, I could take them on an empty stomach, I now need to take them with food, but they work either way.

Thank you @[Bu...] will look into 

[Mu...]

I was prescribed a steroid shot and Azrithromycin wich did not agree with me and caused a wave . Old benzo buddy Moosecharters ( who by the way holds the record for trips to the ER) recommend Align prebiotic + probiotic I complained because it's $19.98 , but it's fantastic.  Don't get the Chinese knockoff,  get Alighn.

Music60 

[Mi...]
12 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

I forgot to mention they are gummies.

Thank you so much 

[Le...]

i use plantvital probiotics. i tried a few before with little luck earlier in recovery. this one seems to have sorted out my recurring thrush issue. no side effects i can identify.