Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Fight or flight 24/7

[in...]

Day 57 without Clonazepam.

I don't know what to do about the anxiety anymore. Things like "calm down", "breathe" and "take a couple of deep breaths" are not helping. I'm terrified right now!!

The anxiety levels are at a 9/10. I can't relax. I can't go to the bathroom because my body won't relax. I'm too tensed to go. I need to go though.

I'm scared! It's like my body's in 100% "fight or flight"-mode 24/7. The adrenaline's pumping constantly. Help!!

[oc...]

I'm no pro but you will make it. I am 11-12 weeks off Klonopin after nearly nightly doses for about 11 months. I'm getting better. Low to very low doses but I can tell the you the fight or flight response is real and it's strong. You are NOT going crazy, manic etc. You will be okay. Please hang in there and let the fear slowly subside. The fear you / we are feeling is the benzo making your body fearful through chemical releases in the body. The body is disregulated ands getting tricked by withdrawl. I'm slowly healing and you are only a month behind me. I don't think it could have gotten worse than me....which is what everyone thinks about their situation in WD. Big hugs to you.

• Love 1

[in...]
36 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

I'm no pro but you will make it. I am 11-12 weeks off Klonopin after nearly nightly doses for about 11 months. I'm getting better. Low to very low doses but I can tell the you the fight or flight response is real and it's strong. You are NOT going crazy, manic etc. You will be okay. Please hang in there and let the fear slowly subside. The fear you / we are feeling is the benzo making your body fearful through chemical releases in the body. The body is disregulated ands getting tricked by withdrawl. I'm slowly healing and you are only a month behind me. I don't think it could have gotten worse than me....which is what everyone thinks about their situation in WD. Big hugs to you.

Did your fight/flight-system calm down? Are you feeling any better? If so, when was your turning point?

[Tr...]

Hello @[in...], I am sorry that you are feeling like this. Are you still taking Bisoprolol? Do you take an additional blood pressure medication? Do you get episodes of tachycardia? 

Some blood pressure medicines -like Coversil can increase your pulse and exacerbate tachycardia. You can check in the leaflet if this might be the case. If so, you should stop this medication. 
Bisoprolol should be enough for your pulse and blood pressure. It should be taken every day at exactly the same times. If the current dose can not keep your pulse and BP within normal, then it should be slightly increased. If Bisoprolol can not normalize things, you could switch to Propranolol. The beta blockers block the adrenaline receptors in the hearth and this normalises the pulse, blood pressure and anxiety.

Try switching to Decaf coffee and avoid drinking sodas. 

I hope you will feel better soon!

Edited by [Tr...]

[in...]
8 hours ago, [[i...] said:

I don't know what to do about the anxiety anymore. Things like "calm down", "breathe" and "take a couple of deep breaths" are not helping. I'm terrified right now!!

The anxiety levels are at a 9/10. I can't relax. I can't go to the bathroom because my body won't relax. I'm too tensed to go. I need to go though.

I'm scared! It's like my body's in 100% "fight or flight"-mode 24/7. The adrenaline's pumping constantly. Help!!

Anyone else? Thanks 🙏 

[Sw...]
1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

Anyone else? Thanks 🙏 

@[in...]Hang in there don’t quit don’t give in. I’m right behind you. I’m 35 days off Klonopin struggling very similar to you. Keep your hope in the healing I know it’s hard with the pain of the withdrawals. Your best life is not on this drug. I’m having the same thoughts you are. I’ll keep you in my prayers. Godspeed don’t give in.

• Like 1

[in...]
34 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

@[in...]Hang in there don’t quit don’t give in. I’m right behind you. I’m 35 days off Klonopin struggling very similar to you. Keep your hope in the healing I know it’s hard with the pain of the withdrawals. Your best life is not on this drug. I’m having the same thoughts you are. I’ll keep you in my prayers. Godspeed don’t give in.

How are you feeling? What symptoms do you have going on? By the way: Thanks for the kind words! 🙏

2 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Anyone else? Thanks 🙏 

The best description I could give to someone what it feels like is when you get really scared like a car swerving in front of you, that moment of panic/fear/dread/tension, played on repeat over and over and over.  Another is an epinephrine drip turned on continuously.  It makes sense that this is what withdrawal feels like as benzos induce the exact opposite of this feeling; they cause significant calmness and a sense of safety/comfort/warmth.

It gets better @[in...].  I'm 5.5 months out and the volume of the miserable sensations has been turned down significantly.  I still have a long ways to go but I'm better than I was months ago.  It's torture that this lasts so long.  No one should ever have to experience wd so severe from a commonly prescribed medication.  But it is the unfortunate situation that we are in and there is nothing we can do to speed up withdrawal.  Best thing is to take care of yourself, eat healthy, exercise, avoid caffeine etc.  Find something to help the time pass.  Then once healed we can pick of the pieces of lost time and be stronger and more resilient going forward with our lives.

• Love 1

Just now, [[i...] said:

How was your journey? When did you notice improvement?

My journey has been a very long one, lost in the dark in the depths of hell with a painful slow ascent up a steep and inhospitable mountain.  I started tapering exactly 1 year ago and jumped in February.  The last part of taper was brutal from November to February.  I noticed a tiny bit of improvement a couple weeks after I jumped.  It was soo tiny but it was something.  I'd say after 4 months things got to be somewhat manageable, compared to what they were the first few months of withdrawal.  I've had windows and waves the last month.  I'm probably halfway up the mountain at this pace.  But every climb there are slightly brighter days and better views.  

• Love 1

[Sw...]
1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

How are you feeling? What symptoms do you have going on? By the way: Thanks for the kind words! 🙏

It’s pretty much a struggle to get through each day symptoms are nausea fatigue headache head pressure anxiety tinnitus in left ear Only. some muscle tension pretty much what everybody gets when they go off this. my tremors have lessened, but still have inner vibration teeth chatter get about 6 to 7 hours of sleep a day, pretty broken up though hopefully it will end soon. I’m assuming your symptoms are very similar. 

Edited by [Sw...]
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, [[i...] said:

This really gives me hope! Thanks for sharing! Sometimes it just feels like this nightmare will never be over you know?

It's impossible to see past in while you're in it.  The only way past it is through it.

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

[in...]
8 hours ago, [[S...] said:

It’s pretty much a struggle to get through each day symptoms are nausea fatigue headache head pressure anxiety tinnitus in left ear Only. some muscle tension pretty much what everybody gets when they go off this. my tremors have lessened, but still have inner vibration teeth chatter get about 6 to 7 hours of sleep a day, pretty broken up though hopefully it will end soon. I’m assuming your symptoms are very similar. 

Yes they are. The problem is I'm almost 2 months out but I'm loosing my patience already.

[oc...]
23 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Did your fight/flight-system calm down? Are you feeling any better? If so, when was your turning point?

I was on klonopin for almost a year for sleep. It caused extreme f/f anxiety/panic/terror for me. Also caused myoclonus and my remaining symptom at 3 months off is extreme muscle twitching 24/7 (BFS) electrical tingling and twitches/pops/jerks in my muscles. I see improvements every2-3 weeks. I too am fearful of the long healing process, but my therapist said just accept for now. My brother says don't give up before the miracle happens. It's around the corner, we don't see it. I have never had mental health/anxiety etc. I was given benzos for extreme intractable insmonia after a nasty neck injury biking which jacked my cervical spine/neck. I know it's chemical. I have to trust the other buddies when they say it will pass. They have been there.

• Love 1

[in...]
37 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

I was on klonopin for almost a year for sleep. It caused extreme f/f anxiety/panic/terror for me. Also caused myoclonus and my remaining symptom at 3 months off is extreme muscle twitching 24/7 (BFS) electrical tingling and twitches/pops/jerks in my muscles. I see improvements every2-3 weeks. I too am fearful of the long healing process, but my therapist said just accept for now. My brother says don't give up before the miracle happens. It's around the corner, we don't see it. I have never had mental health/anxiety etc. I was given benzos for extreme intractable insmonia after a nasty neck injury biking which jacked my cervical spine/neck. I know it's chemical. I have to trust the other buddies when they say it will pass. They have been there.

Yoo that's a really powerful story! I wish you the best of luck. You're a fighter. If you made it this far I know you'll make it in the future! 💯👑🫶

[Sw...]
9 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Yes they are. The problem is I'm almost 2 months out but I'm loosing my patience already.

Yeah, I hear you. My wife has to tell me I’m gonna make it almost every day. Just keep going. I think based on what I see from the site three months is going to be more than Mark of feeling like things are starting to come around just my guess seems like I see a lot of people at that three month mark. There again I could be wrong, but I’d rather hope that anything else 

[in...]
2 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Yeah, I hear you. My wife has to tell me I’m gonna make it almost every day. Just keep going. I think based on what I see from the site three months is going to be more than Mark of feeling like things are starting to come around just my guess seems like I see a lot of people at that three month mark. There again I could be wrong, but I’d rather hope that anything else 

I've seen a lot of posts about the three month mark too. I'm thinking I should start feeling a bit better in about 4-6 weeks.

[Sw...]
31 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

I've seen a lot of posts about the three month mark too. I'm thinking I should start feeling a bit better in about 4-6 weeks.

Yeah, that’s kind of what I’ve looking towards. That what my sights on right now obviously with no guarantees. definitely some of my symptom Intensities are starting to come down a little bit. Nausea headache, and fatigue are my three most common symptoms. I do get some little short homeostasis late in the evening and then it’s gone by the time I wake up around 5 o’clock in the morning when my cortisol hits and usually run till 1 o’clock and then it goes in and out through the afternoon, mostly out. hey let’s keep in contact. maybe we can  pull each other across the finish line.

Edited by [Sw...]

[in...]
21 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Yeah, that’s kind of what I’ve looking towards. That what my sights on right now obviously with no guarantees. definitely some of my symptom Intensities are starting to come down a little bit. Nausea headache, and fatigue are my three most common symptoms. I do get some little short homeostasis late in the evening and then it’s gone by the time I wake up around 5 o’clock in the morning when my cortisol hits and usually run till 1 o’clock and then it goes in and out through the afternoon, mostly out. hey let’s keep in contact. maybe we can  pull each other across the finish line.

Sounds good! Let's do it! 💯🤝🙏

[Sw...]
2 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Sounds good! Let's do it! 💯🤝🙏

I’m a 55 year old male took Ativan for a little and the Klonopin for 3 months. I live in Northern California 

[Bu...]
On 03/08/2024 at 11:20, [[i...] said:

I’m two months off zopiclone (about same stage as you)

I get episodes of extreme fear/terror mainly at night 

are you sleeping?

[in...]
2 hours ago, [[B...] said:

I’m two months off zopiclone (about same stage as you)

I get episodes of extreme fear/terror mainly at night 

are you sleeping?

Sleeping about 6+ hours/night 😀🙏

[Bu...]
2 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Sleeping about 6+ hours/night 😀🙏

That’ll get you through 

never stop being grateful to be able to look forward to peace at night. I’d give my right arm for that

[in...]
6 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

That’ll get you through 

never stop being grateful to be able to look forward to peace at night. I’d give my right arm for that

Trust me: With what I've seen and with what I've lost in my life I'm thankful for very small things. Like fresh air, for example. People take a lot of things for granted. I just don't.

• Like 1